Kauai Shore Excursion: Journey to Waimea Canyon
In stark contrast to Kauai’s lushness is Waimea Canyon State Park. Over thousands of years earthquakes and erosion have created dramatic variation in the landscape. Waimea Canyon, “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, is the showpiece of the tour and offers one of the best views of the western coast of the island.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
After exploring the wonders of Waimea Canyon, you’ll take a visual tour of Kauai, driving past Old Koloa Town, Hawaii’s first sugarcane plantation, and Waimea, the town where Captain Cook made his first landing in Hawaii in 1778.
Finish your day exploring another of Kauai’s natural wonders at Spouting Horn, an ocean blow hole near Po’ipu Beach. Wait as the water rushes under a lava shelf and surges through a small opening at the surface, spewing water up to 50 feet (15 meters) in the air. Next to the adjacent hole, compressed air escapes and makes a hissing sound.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Nawiliwili Harbor for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This shore excursion can only be booked by Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America passengers, Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of America passengers and Carnival Spirit passengers
- There will be substantial walking to Waimea Canyon. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for this activity.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ann H, July 2016
The Waimea Canyon was breathtaking and the tour was very well organised, I would highly recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: Linda B, July 2016
Tour guide Michelle was friendly, knowledgeable and a pleasure to listen to.