Join a one-hour behind-the-scenes tour, with a private viewing of some of the Academy's renowned gem and mineral collection. Learn all about the various exhibits and animals, interact with some of the Academy's scientists and discover fun facts about our planet's diversity and biology.
Then you're on your own to explore the Academy at your leisure! Head over to Penguin Hall, hang out with Claude the albino alligator and gain VIP access to the four-story rainforest! During this time, there will be food and additional cocktails available for purchase. Your ticket also includes a reserved pass for the 8:30pm Planetarium Show.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 6pm – 7:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
General Admission Ticket
Skip the line entry and NightLife general admission ticket
USD $15.00Pricing details
VIP Evening Tour + Cocktails
Skip the line entry and NightLife general admission ticket, including open bar prior to your tour
USD $59.00Pricing details
California Academy of Sciences
- Admission ticket
- Nightlife music and entertainment - program changes weekly
- All exhibits and shows (subject to availability)
- Open bar prior to your tour (if VIP option selected)
- Reserved seating at 8:30pm planetarium show (if VIP option selected)
- VIP access into rainforest (if VIP option selected)
- 1-hour behind the scenes tour (if VIP option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available for purchase, cash bars)
- VIP option: Alcoholic drinks after your tour (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years, valid picture ID required at check-in, no exceptions
- Passes to special exhibits are handed out daily on a first come first serve basis
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available at the Coat Check on a first come, first served basis
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: umbagr1, August 2016
This was a fun evening. Spend the extra 20 for the VIP ticket. You get a one hour open bar and go the the head of the line to get into the rain forest and the planetarium and earthquake exhibit. The place was packed and avoiding the lines was worth the extra money. Hip. young crowd, DJ. live music, what's not to like? This is worth doing on the Thursday night that they offer the Night at the Museum.
Reviewed by: William Tanoto T, August 2016
The night visit to the California Academy of Sciences was something different from the usual visit to the museum. The crowd was obviously more interested in the drinks, but opening up the museum beyond the usual working hours meant that you get most of the day to do other interesting things in SF before going to visit this museum. The museum is huge, very different from other natural history museum. Definitely worth a visit.