2-Day Yosemite National Park Winter Tour from San Francisco
Escape to the snow-capped mountains of Yosemite National Park from San Francisco for two full days. Take a coach tour of Yosemite Valley with your guide and enjoy various activities during your free time such as hiking and snowshoeing. Soak in views of famous Half Dome and spend the night at the cozy Yosemite Lodge at the Falls. With fewer visitors and more solitude, Yosemite is said to be best in the winter months!
Likely to Sell Out: Rooms at the Yosemite Lodge often sell out months in advance. Reserve early to avoid disappointment
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Multi-Day Trip
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Passengers will be picked up from their hotel between approximately 6:15am and 7am, depending on the hotel location.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Single occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for people requiring sole occupancy of hotel room.
USD $684.00Pricing details
Double occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of 2 people booking together.
USD $539.00Pricing details
Triple occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of 3 people booking together.
USD $495.00Pricing details
Quadruple occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of 4 people booking together.
USD $473.00Pricing details
Frozen Falls of Yosemite
- 1.5-hour narrated coach tour
- Admission to Yosemite National Park
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transport by biodiesel van
- Taxes, fuel surcharges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 5 passengers to guarantee departure
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- One small, soft overnight bag allowed per person (hard case luggage is not allowed)
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any amendments to dates will incur penalties in accordance to the cancellation policy as detailed in the Terms and Conditions
- Important: Any dietary requirements should be entered in the Special Requirements field when booking this tour
In the morning, you'll be picked up from your San Francisco hotel and taken on a comfortable 3-hour drive. Cross the Bay Bridge, cruise through Oakland and the East Bay, and continue through the Central Valley, where you'll stop for groceries (own expense) for your lunch. Travel through Gold Country and the Sierra Nevada Foothills until you arrive at Yosemite National Park.
Hop off the coach and enjoy a picnic lunch (or keep warm inside). You'll then take a fully narrated 1.5-hour coach tour through Yosemite's glaciated valley. Stunning photo opportunities abound here, so be sure to have your camera ready for shots of frozen waterfalls, El Capitan, majestic Half Dome, Inspiration Point and the valley blanketed in snow.
After the tour, head to your hotel for check-in. You'll stay at the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls, nestled in the heart of the valley. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you please. Choose from activities such as hiking, ice skating, snowshoeing, visiting the Ansel Adams Gallery, or taking a guided hike (all additional activities at own expense). Feel free to stop for a warm drink by the fire at the historic Ahwanee Hotel before returning to your hotel.
Overnight: Yosemite Lodge at the Falls in Yosemite National Park
Day 2: Yosemite National Park -- San Francisco (B)
Have breakfast at your hotel and then spend the morning or afternoon as you please. Enjoy fun winter activities to take advantage of all that Yosemite has to offer.
In the late afternoon, you'll regroup to begin your 3-hour return journey. Admire the San Francisco skyline as you cross the Bay Bridge and arrive at your hotel.
If you cancel between 3 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Kay G, January 2016
Fantastic Tour, Drivers were great both went out of their way to show us the majestic Yosemite Park. Worth staying over night if you have the time
Reviewed by: Lynette S, March 2015
Trip back is really good.