- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You’ll then visit the Columbia River Maritime Museum, where you and your guide will browse historical exhibits offering interesting information about the region’s many shipwrecks, lighthouses, early European exploration, commercial fishing and the Coast Guard.
You’ll also see different kinds of vessels, both life-size and models, indoors and out on the actual Columbia River, the major river of the Northwest that has been an important route for transportation and commerce.
Afterward, enjoy free time for lunch in Astoria (own expense) before driving south along the coast to Cannon Beach, where you’ll see Haystack Rock, a designated marine sanctuary full of tide pools. Enjoy more free time here to shop, walk along the beach, and explore the shops and art galleries that fill this vibrant, charming town.
On our return, you’ll stop at Camp 18, a historical logging museum that offers a glimpse into the history of Oregon’s important timber industry. You’ll be dropped off at your Portland hotel in the evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child aged 3-6 will need a car seat for this tour. Please bring a car seat as the local operator will not be able to accommodate child without car seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (minimum of four people). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sue B, September 2016
This tour was great because we were on a small bus...eight in our over 65 group plus one other couple. Steve was a fabulous hippy-looking guy with tons of knowledge, stories, and humor. We are glad Portland is Portland and not Boston. We saw and learned about clear cutting. It was windy and cold at Ecola Park. The sky was clear and blue so we got great photos all along the way...from the Sitka spruce to Haystack Rock in Cannon and Astoria Column in Astoria where two of our eight climbed the 164 stairs. Enjoyed lunch and cocktails at Baked Alaska in Astoria. The route down followed the Columbia River and we saw thousands of cut logs waiting to be shipped.
Another fabulous day with a great guide. Thank you Steve!!!!!
Reviewed by: Sam S, September 2016
A wonderful day trip!