- Skip the line
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All entrance fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Family friendly
There are 3 lines at the Empire State Building Observatory: the security line (required for all visitors), the ticket line and the elevator line. You may proceed directly to the turnstile with your voucher.
VIP Express Experience Upgrade
Speed past the lines on your way to the tallest point in Manhattan! Your VIP Express Experience voucher will enable you to proceed directly to the front of every line, saving valuable time to do all the other things New York is famous for. Don't spend your valuable holiday time waiting in line -- there's no faster way to the top of the Empire State Building!
You'll be greeted on the second floor to redeem your pass pre-security, eliminating the need to redeem vouchers at the ticket office. You'll also receive a special wristband to identify you as a VIP Express Experience pass holder.
VIP Express Experience passes are especially valuable from Memorial Day through Labor Day, from Thanksgiving until New Year's any time of day and all holiday weekends. Other times of year the pass is recommended for planned visits between 11am and 2pm, and one hour before and after sunset. Limited numbers of passes are sold, so typical wait time is under 5-minutes. Specific wait times cannot be guaranteed, only front of line privileges.
Voucher can be redeemed within a year of date originally selected - plan your visit around the weather!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Last elevators to the top are at 1:15am
In order to facilitate tower work, the Observatory will be closing at midnight on the following dates with the last elevator up at 11:15pm:
Sept 18-23, Sept 25-30 and Oct 2 2016
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Admission Ticket Only
General admission to the Empire State Building Observation Deck with audio tour. This does NOT include Express Pass privileges
USD $32.00Pricing details
VIP Express Experience
VIP Express Experience includes skip-the-line access for security lines, ticket lines and elevator lines on 2nd, 80th and 86th floors of the Empire State Building Observation Deck. Includes audio tour
USD $65.00Pricing details
- Admission to Observation Deck
- New Multimedia App serves as your own personal tour guide, taking you all the way from the ground floor to the 360° open-air views of the Observation deck. Download it for free from the App Store and Google play. Available in English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, and German
- Gratuities (optional)
- Admission to the 102nd Observatory Deck
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vouchers are valid up to a year from travel date selected
- No refunds due to weather conditions, length of lines or wait times at the building
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children aged 5 years and younger are free. Must be accompanied by an adult
- Skip-the-line privileges are only available with the VIP Express Experience Admission Ticket option
Admission tickets to the 102nd-floor observatory are sold at the observatory ticket office, on the 2nd floor of the building. Admission costs USD 20.00 in addition to regular admission tickets.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Hella P, September 2016
This tour was really great. It safes a lot of time passing by the lines of Empire State Building. Fabulos view and a great service
Reviewed by: Jack G, September 2016
The Empire State Building is an iconic treasure. Skip the line tickets were well worth it during our sunset visit. This is a crowded attraction and being able to access the observation areas without waiting is a huge advantage. The lines were extremely long to view the gorgeous sunset. We were able to walk right in ahead of what looked like over 100 people waiting in line for the elevators both going up and down.