Maui is the place to whale watch to see humpback whales in their natural breeding area. Every year from mid-December through early-May, the humpback whales make their home in the waters surrounding Maui. The whales migrate close to 3,500 miles (5635 km) from their Alaskan summer feeding waters, to the warm waters of Hawaii where they mate and have their calves.
This tour is seasonal and operates during the whale migrating season from December through to May.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Lahaina Cruise Company has a booth at the loading dock outside of the Pioneer Inn
- 7:30am - Early Bird (until May 1st)
- 2:15pm (December 15th - May 1st)
Check-in 20 minutes prior to departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 7:30am
USD $31.74Pricing details
Departs at 9:45am
Departs at 12pm
Departs at 2:15pm
Maui Whale Watch Cruise
- Guaranteed Whale Sightings
- Expert Whale Narration's by the Captain and Crew
- Underwater Web-Cam (video camera) and Hydrophone (subject to water conditions and whale proximity)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress appropriately. Viewing whales is often best done outside on the viewing decks. Wear sunscreen, secure hats and belongings and dress for breezy "on the water" conditions
- You must bring valid photo identification if you wish to consume alcoholic beverages on board
- Maximum capacity is 149 passengers
- Tour operator reserves the right to substitute vessels, routes and destinations based on vessel operations, weather and sea conditions without notice
- Due to new Homeland Security Procedures all passengers may be subject to a random search of their personal effects (including carry ons) and all passengers must be able to provide identification upon the request of vessel personnel as proof of his/her identity. Due to these changes it is imperative that each guest have a valid ID with them at all times.
- Wheelchair accessible
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Walter W, February 2017
Absolutely amazing! The breachings were further away, but still great for pictures. The highlight was when we approached two juveniles and they became curious. After the captain shut down the engines, they circled the boat and rolled on their sides and popped their heads up to have a look at us several times. Lots of tail and fin slaps. The crew said that was the best mugging they ever seen. We were lucky. Thank you Lahaina Cruise Company!
Reviewed by: Robert S, February 2017
What a fantastic experience! Our boat was not out of the harbor 5 minutes before we started to see the blows of the humpback whales. Our crew was great and the commentary from CJ was extremely informative. Best part was having 3 whales swim right up to our boat! I was so excited that I didn't get a picture with my camera, but lucky for me, my husband did! Great trip...well worth the money spent.Thank You!