Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak
If you like excitement and adrenaline, then this is the one for you! This 15-mile (25km) kayak tour to the Na Pali Coast is typically carried out on heavy Hawaiian waters. It is one adventure that will definitely push you to the limit! Paddle past the famed Na Pali sea caves, Kauai's lush valleys and beaches cradled in the jungle. If you're up for a rewarding challenge, book now!
This tour takes place on one of the most beautiful and remote shorelines in the world. The tour begins in Poipu, where you ride together in a 15 passenger van to the launch site in Haena. After paddling for about an hour, you'll come upon the famed sea caves of Na Pali, entering if sea conditions permit. You'll raft up your kayaks for a mid-morning juice and snacks break!
You'll paddle a total of 11 miles (17km) in the morning, reaching Milolii, your first landing. Here, you'll enjoy lunch and explore the site of an ancient Hawaiian fishing community. Typically, you'll arrive at Milolii between 1 and 2 pm, so the morning is long! After lunch, you have a 4 mile (6.5km) paddle in usually calm waters to Polihale, where the van will be waiting for you. When you return to the Poipu store, you'll have circumnavigated the entire island!
A Friendly Reality Check: this is a very long, somewhat strenuous paddle in typically heavy seas. Don't sign up unless you are up for a good workout and maybe a challenge. While this tour is best enjoyed by people who are physically fit and have some basic paddling experience, you may join us as a first time kayaker if you consider yourself to be athletically inclined and quick to learn new sports. Of course, this trip is not for non-swimmers.
Warning: If you are prone to severe seasickness this trip is not for you.
This tour is seasonal and operates only from May through to September
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Outfitters Kauai in Poipu Plaza
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak
- Deluxe two-person kayak, open-cockpit rudder sea kayak
- Dry bag/day pack
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Equipment used is tandem, open-cockpit, or, sit-on-top type, self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest, and dry bag as well.
- One guide for approximately every 4 - 6 passengers
- Lunch and refreshments are provided and include spring water, juice, snack bars, deli sandwiches and sodas. Vegetarian available on request.
- There's lots of room in the kayak, so feel free to bring along additional drinks and snacks - no alcoholic beverages, please.
- Sea sickness can be a consideration on this tour. It is recommended that all participants take an over-the-counter anti-motion sickness medication such as Bonine or a similar medication that does not cause drowsiness, taken at bedtime the night before and on the morning of the tour.
- Items to bring: Aqua socks or Teva-type sandals, swimwear, light shorts, T-shirt, billed hat or visor, H2O proof sunblock, raincoat or windbreaker, sunglasses, towel, H2Oproof camera (any of these items are available for purchase). Mask, snorkel, and fins are optional
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: Cary V, August 2015
It was a highlight! Nice workout! Hard work but not too bad! We went with the outfitters and the whole day was just so fun! We will do it again if we ever go back! The scenery was breathe taking!