This 7-mile (11km) kayak tour is a day packed full of fun, excitement and adventure. Savor the magnificent views, breathtaking scenery, and hidden beaches of Kauai's pristine South Shore. You may catch a glimpse of some spinner dolphins, sea turtles, seals and even humpback whales!
After launching from Kukui'ula Small Boat Harbor, you'll pass the famous Spouting Horn, a remarkable salt-water blowhole. After about 45 minutes, you'll surf your kayaks up on the beach at Lawa'i Kai, the exquisitely beautiful site of Queen Emma's Summer Home. Take a stroll on the beach and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and delicious muffins.
You'll continue downwind, past the white sand beaches, barrier reefs, and volcanic craters of Palama's Point. As you paddle, you'll be hoping to see interesting marine life, such as the spinner dolphin or endangered sea turtle, both common in this area. During the months of November through April, you also run the chance of getting a glimpse of migratory humpback whales.
After 7 miles (11km) of paddling, you'll be ready for lunch. You'll land at Wahi'awa, a protected bay, to relax, eat, and explore. You'll have the opportunity to comb the ¼ mile (0.4km) crescent-shaped sandy paradise, play in the water and snorkel the fringes of the bay. Meanwhile, your guide will lay out a tasty picnic lunch with a scrumptious brownie that may inspire an afternoon nap!
Around mid-afternoon after another brief paddle, your driver will arrive to whisk you away on your return to the Poipu resort area.
This tour is seasonal and operates only from September to May
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Outfitters Kauai in Poipu
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kauai South Shore Sea Kayak Adventure
- Deluxe two-person kayak, open-cockpit rudder sea kayak
- Dry bag/day pack
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- One guide for approximately every 4 - 6 passengers
- Lunch and refreshments: Cold spring water and juices, Kauai Coffee, Clif Bars, a delicious picnic lunch of turkey sub sandwiches, pasta salad, and a brownie (menu subject to change without notice)
- Sea sickness can be a consideration on this tour. It is recommended that all participants take an over-the-counter anti-motion sickness medication such as Bonine or a similar medication that does not cause drowsiness, taken at bedtime the night before and on the morning of the tour
- Items to bring: Aqua socks or Teva-type sandals, swimwear, light shorts, T-shirt, light shorts, billed hat or visor, H2O proof sunblock, raincoat or windbreaker, sunglasses, towel, H2Oproof camera (any of these items are available for purchase). Mask, snorkel, and fins are optional
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund