Surf lesson Kauai instruction is conducted in small groups with a maximum of 4 participants, ensuring personal guidance and instruction for all. Soft-top boards are used for beginners for the safest possible learning environment. Your surfing instructor will be a local Hawaiian who has dedicated their life to surfing. As a professional surf instructor, your teacher is highly qualified to instruct you in all aspects of the sport of surfing.
The surf on the North Shore of Kauai is perfect all year long for lessons. In Hawaii every day there are wave reports. From huge waves to flat, 98.50% of the time the waves are perfect for lessons along Hanalei Bay. During a day or two of totally flat or stormy conditions there are other areas close by that you'll be taken to. There is always somewhere to surf in Kauai!
First 30 minutes:
- Learn to watch the ocean and the waves together and talk about ocean safety
- Learn how to paddle and positioning yourself on the board.
- Learn to start reading the waves
Second 30 minutes:
- Lessons begin in the ocean and learn to stand up
- Learn about the world of surfing and some basic rules when surfing
- Time for questions!
The final 30 - 60 minutes:
- Use the board and practice on your own
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
8am Lesson. 1 Instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
10am Lesson. 1 instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
12pm Lesson. 1 instructor and no more than 4 students. Customers must check-in 30 minutes prior
- Group lesson with water safety trained instructor
- Use of the top of the line surf boards, leashes and rash vests
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Participant must call and re-confirm booking 48 hours prior to activity
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Participants must be 13 years old and up
Study the wave patterns as you discuss ocean safety
Learn how to ‘read’ the waves
Learn proper board positioning and paddling techniques
Second 30 minutes:
Lie on your board in the ocean and practice paddling in the water
Learn how to stand up
Learn basic surfing rules and etiquette
Ask any questions that come up
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: kierkkegaard, February 2016
Our instructor David was incredible! I had so much fun.
Reviewed by: Karen Y, Canada, January 2015