- Free snacks included
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
At the beach, your guide will help you get outfitted in quality gear before you slip away from the beach in a tandem kayak to begin your Tongass Wildlife Kayaking Adventure. This area is the perfect breeding ground for krill and phytoplankton due to the fresh water that pours into the coastline from the glaciers. The plankton-rich waters attract a myriad of wildlife looking for an easy meal. Humpback whales traveling through to Hawaii often spend the whole summer feeding in these waters and from time to time orcas can be spotted cruising the area, as well. Seals, porpoises, sea lions and many species of sea birds are also often seen.
Rain or shine, this is quite simply the finest half-day kayak trip you will find. Certified guides lead an entertaining coast wilderness route that is limited to 12 participants. This is an easy to moderate adventure that requires no previous experience, making it perfect for beginners and families. You need only bring your camera and an appetite for adventure. Join the locals for a true Alaskan wildlife experience!
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Juneau for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
USD $145.95Pricing details
Tongass Wildlife Kayaking Adventure
- Certified guides
- Port pickup and drop off
- Snack and beverages
- All necessary equipment and gear -- please advise supplier of rain gear sizing
- Roundtrip van transportation from designated meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You must include the following in the comments section when booking: raingear & shoe sizes for each passenger, (for adult men and women, S-XXL and youth, S-L) and any pertinent medical information
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This small group adventure has a minimum of 2 and maximum of 12 participants
- Minimum age is 8 year
- All clients will be outfitted in double kayaks on this trip.
Clients interested in using single kayaks can request singles on the day of the trip, subject to availability
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
If you cancel between 8 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Barbara B, August 2014
Perfect! We were a small group of 4 with mixed experience kayaking. The boats (Current design, like my boat at home!) were terrific and the rest of the equipment was first class! Our guide Miles was knowledgable, enthusiastic and lots of fun! This excursion was one of the highlights of our trip in AK! The scenery was wonderful, and we got to see lots of eagles, salmon and a even a lone seal came close to our boats. We will recommend to our friends and will put it on our list of things to do again!
Reviewed by: smk, July 2013
This was without a doubt the highlight of my entire Alaska vacation. We paddled out about two and a half miles and on our way back we came across a young humpback whale who was feeding in a cove. Even without seeing him this would have been the trip of a lifetime but that was icing of the cake. The weather was ideal and our guide was fabulous.