Embark on an unforgettable Alaskan wilderness adventure on this small-group day trip to the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, a protected wildlife location with the highest concentration of brown bears in the world! From Juneau, join your guide on a scenic floatplane ride over Alaska’s Inside Passage and Tongass National Forest to Windfall Island. Then, kayak to the mouth of Pack Creek on Admiralty Island and witness Grizzly bears in their natural habitat – truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
The Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area requires a permit to visit, and for the first time since 1997, the National Forest Service has awarded these exclusive and limited visitation permits to tour operators. Book this tour to make sure you don’t miss out on the amazing chance to enter the viewing area.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Scenic air tour
- Seasonal Offer
- All necessary equipment included
- Small-group tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
For a truly incredible Alaskan experience, head to Admiralty Island and visit the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, known as the ‘Fortress of the Bears’ by the indigenous Tlingit people. This protected habitat has the largest brown bear population in the world (with four times as many brown bears as Yellowstone National Park!).
Just as exciting as the bears themselves is the route you’ll take to get to them. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Juneau and drive you to your floatplane for a scenic 25-minute flight over the scenic Tongass National Forest and the Inside Passage to Windfall Island. Next, board a kayak and paddle through Windfall Harbor with your small group to Admiralty Island, observing the beautiful scenery (and possibly bears) along that way!
When you get there, your guide will choose the best spot to view the Grizzly bears – climb to the lookout towers and see brown bears romping in the meadows, or head to the secret alcoves and observe the bears catching salmon and swimming in the creeks, rivers and streams!
Due to the limited number of permits, this exclusive opportunity will sell out quickly, so don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure!
- 30 minutes - Van ride from Downtown Juneau to floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight from Juneau
- 1.5 hours - Kayak orientation and kayak adventure
- 3 hours - Brown bear viewing
- 30 minutes - Kayak back to the floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight back to Juneau
- 30 minutes - Transport back to Downtown Juneau
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
*Clients staying at major hotels in the Mendenhall Valley may be picked up directly from their hotel.
*Clients off cruise ships docking at the AJ Dock with 30 minutes or less between their ship’s arrival time and trip departure time will be picked up directly from the AJ Dock.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Certified guide
- All necessary equipment
- Round-trip transportation via van and floatplane
- Rain gear, jackets and rubber boots provided - please advise supplier of sizing
- Snacks (bagels, water, granola and more) and bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You must include the following in the comments section when booking: raingear & shoe sizes for each passenger, (for adult men and women, S-XXL and youth, S-L) and any pertinent medical information
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Maximum weight per person is 250 pounds (113 kilograms)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking (5 to 1, passenger to guide ratio)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Operates in all weather conditions
- There is a $50 non-refundable booking fee once this trip is reserved. This is non-refundable for any reason, including weather cancellations
If you cancel between 8 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Take me away, June 2013
Only one word: AMAZING! This was a great company to deal with. Corey was a fantastic guide and pretty good photographer! Would highly recommend this tour. Not only did we see bears, but we had a float plane trip and kayak included. Magical day.
Reviewed by: TravelTammy, USA, July 2012
This was an amazing day tour, the kayaking was fun, and getting to see the grizzlies was great. We were also lucky to get to see another 12+ grizzlies as we were flying back at the end of the night including babies. We had two fun and informational tour guides. This is a tour that I would highly recommend to others.