- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Learn how to pan for gold and hear why thousands of people hurried to the region to strike it rich during the Gold Rush of the late 1800s. Get the hang of it with help from your guide, and then try it yourself! You can either pan for gold in the creek or go in the waist-high water in the demonstration trough. During your search, you'll be surrounded by the building remnants of the Alaska-Juneau Mining Company, which closed in 1944 due to the WWII labor shortage.
End your day of gold mining with an appreciation of one of Alaska’s most important events, as well as all the gold you find and an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- All necessary equipment
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- After booking, please contact the local tour operator to confirm your departure time and departure location
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Tracy H, August 2016
My seven year old daughter and I had a great experience on this tour. The tour guide was very informative and fun. My daughter can't stop talking about the gold she found. Thanks for a fun experience!
Reviewed by: Arlyne T, September 2015
So much fun in the pouring rain. It was fabulous panning for gold and catching the fever. We laughed and thought tour guide was fun. We'd do it again.