Please note: Due to tight schedule, this product is not recommended to travelers who need to leave Hong Kong on the same day.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Upon arrival in Macau, a former Portuguese colony, begin your full-day sightseeing tour with a scenic drive along the Guia Circuit, where the Macau Grand Prix is held annually. Located along the Macau Peninsula, the street circuit is considered one of the world’s most challenging circuits, due to its elevation gain and tight corners.
Stop at Kun Iam Temple – where Marco Polo studied Buddhism – and gaze at the statue of Kum Iam, the Goddess of Mercy. Listen to your guide's informative remarks as you admire the bronze figure, which stands 66 feet (20 meters) high in embroidered silk, flanked by eighteen Buddhas.
Re-board your vehicle and proceed to Macau Tower, the 11th tallest tower in the world. Have your camera at the ready to capture this iconic Macau site, which reaches an astonishing height of 1,108 feet (338 meters)! Entry to the observation deck is optional (own expense).
Your guide will take you to Macau's historical center to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of A-Ma Temple, a graceful sanctuary built in 1488 in honor of Matsu, the goddess of seafarers. As you explore the halls guarded by stone lions, admire classical Chinese architectural features and hear folktales about the goddess who blesses and protects fishermen. Afterward, enjoy an international buffet lunch in a restaurant expertly selected by your guide.
Continue on to another World Heritage Site, the Ruins of St Paul, a 16th-century complex that originally included St Paul's College and the Cathedral of St Paul. Walk up the 66 steps to see the evocative remnants and imposing facade of this historical church, designed by Italians and built by Japanese Christian exiles. Admire the still-remarkable details, including intricate stone carvings and sculptures. Then, follow your guide on a short walk to the city center, designated another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Stroll along charming cobblestone streets, and pass quaint shops and local restaurants, in this pedestrian enclave.
Before leaving Macau, try your luck at the gambling tables of the world-famous Macau Casino. In this premiere card room, you can join one of the daily poker tournaments or play blackjack, Spanish 21, mini baccarat and more! After your comprehensive tour of Macau, return to Hong Kong via the jetfoil or catamaran, followed by drop-off at your Hong Kong hotel.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 6:45am depending on your hotel location
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Macau Day Trip from Hong Kong
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip ferry
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Macau Tower observation deck entry fee
- Macau Visa if required
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Please note that during the Christmas and New Year period there may be delays at immigration and re-routing of traffic around the major tourist areas
- Infants below the age of 1 are free of charge
- Residents of certain countries are required to obtain a visa prior to entry into Macau
- Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online before they can visit or transit the HKSAR visa-free (if seeking to enter the HKSAR during transit). More detailed explanation, please check with Hong Kong Immigration Department
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Marjorie S, February 2017
We really enjoyed this day trip to Macau. Hong Kong and Macau have different histories---so nice contrasts between the two cities. Good tour guide who had lived in Macau for nearly 40 years and was originally from Portugal. All details were well worked out!
Reviewed by: David H, February 2017
A well worthwhile tour combining history with a look into a casino. The tour guide was really good giving interesting details about Macau.