Discover the gigantic expanse of the Franz Josef and Fox Glacier snowfields with a landing at around 2134 meters (7000 feet). Step out of the helicopter and experience how it feels to walk on snow. Then follow the Main Divide for fantastic views of the Tasman Glacier and Aoraki (Mount Cook) before heading back down towards the lush rainforests at the edge of the Tasman Sea.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Fox Glacier Mountain Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 40-minute Scenic helicopter flight including snow landing
- Live commentary on board
- Pilot guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Alan M, April 2013
Apart from the fact that the day was perfect - no wind, no clouds, the whole experience was 6 stars. Weighing the people was a good safety measure; no baggage was another one. We were impressed with the pilot's concern for the other passengers when one of the passengers brought an ipad, thus tending to block the view of the others. He put a stop to it, very kindly. His knowledge was great, and this is one of the events where I'd say to everyone "Save your pennies and do this trip. Magical! Many many thanks.
Reviewed by: PHILIP J, February 2013
a wonderful experience