An overnight cruise amidst spectacular Milford Sound, is a once in a lifetime experience. While on board the Milford Mariner you will cruise the full length of this spectacular fiord to the Tasman Sea before anchoring for the night in sheltered Harrison Cove.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Breakfast included
- Multi-Day Trip
- Dinner included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Departing from the Milford Sound Wharf, the Milford Mariner cruises the length of the Milford Sound to the Tasman sea, New Zealand. The vessel explores in a leisurely way many points of interest, with plenty of time available to view waterfalls, rain forest, mountains and wildlife with the experienced nature guide on board.
The Milford Mariner offers you a very special dinner, bed and breakfast experience. With a nature guide at hand you can explore in the tender craft and kayaks or simply relax on deck. After the days activities, enjoy a delicious evening buffet in the spacious saloon before retiring to your private cabin. The Milford Mariner caters for visitors who enjoy comfort combined with activity. The vessel has been purpose built to accommodate passengers in private cabins with en suite bathrooms. It has a spacious dining saloon, observation lounge and large open deck areas for viewing the scenery of Milford Sound.
After reaching the open sea, subject to weather and favorable conditions the sails are hoisted for a period. The vessel returns to and anchors overnight in sheltered Harrison Cove. Activities include kayaking and exploring the shoreline on the tender craft. The overnight cruise includes a delicious three course buffet evening meal and hearty cooked breakfast. Beverages are sold at the licensed, on board bar. The next morning following breakfast there is further cruising before returning to the Milford Sound Wharf.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
May & September: 3:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Cabin Single
Overnight cruise through Milford Sound on the Mariner. Sole use of your own private cabin with en-suite. Afternoon departure from the Milford Sound Visitors Terminal; use of kayaks; all meals included
USD $396.11Pricing details
Private Cabin Twin Share
Overnight cruise through Milford Sound on the Mariner. Twin share private cabin with en-suite. Afternoon departure from the Milford Sound Visitors Terminal; use of kayaks; all meals included
USD $226.35Pricing details
Milford Sound Mariner Overnight Cruise
- Overnight Milford Sound Cruise
- Private cabins with en suite bathrooms
- 3-course dinner
- Use of kayaks
- Drinks, fully licensed bar is available on cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a bed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum capacity - sleeps 60
- There is no secure car parking at Milford Sound, but theft from vehicles in this area is extremely rare
- Vessel information: The cruise has spacious viewing decks, dining saloon, fully licensed bar and observation lounge.
- Need to bring: Non-slip shoes/ boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear (optional), camera, cash for bar and snacks. Overnight bag only required.
- Please note when booking as a triple you will be charged a fourth bed at the child rate
Reviewed by: Mark F, January 2017
Excellent Trip. Tour of the fford in both the evening and morning inc commentary, kayaking, nature cruises, great food, slideshow, very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Highly recommended.
Reviewed by: Jared1986, January 2017
Undoubtedly the best way to see Milford Sounds, particularly if you have limited time. The cruise departed at 4:30pm, just when the last of the day tours where finishing, leaving us the entire of the sounds with just one other overnight vessel. We saw sunset and sunrise on the sound, were well-fed and looked after by the Captain and his team and were well-informed by the on-board tour guide. After kayaking, seal-spotting and having some great weather, the trip was well worth the journey and expense.