Columbia Icefield Tour including the Glacier Skywalk from Calgary
On this day trip from Calgary, see the exciting Icefields Parkway on your way to the Columbia Icefield, and explore the Athabasca Glacier with the Ice Explorer. Stop for dinner in Banff, a beautiful town set amidst the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies. Return to Calgary late in the evening, and reminisce about the day's alpine adventure.
From Calgary, you'll travel the Trans Canada Highway across the prairie, through rolling foothills and into the Canadian Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park. Take a morning stroll on the shore of Lake Louise where Mount Victoria and the Victoria Glacier create a stunning backdrop.
Visit Lake Louise, the icon of the Canadian Rockies, before your spectacular journey along the Icefields Parkway. At Lake Louise stroll along its emerald green shores with a picture-perfect view of the Victoria Glacier. With photographic stops at Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, you head towards the impressive view at the Big Hill.
Then embark on one of the most scenic drives in Canada, the Icefield Parkway. Ride on the all-terrain Ice Explorer and delight in the excursion on the Athabascar Glacier. Step out onto the glacier and stand on the ancient ice!
On your scenic return trip, a stop in Banff provides time to dine and explore this historic mountain town before departing for Calgary in the evening.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and only operates from May through to October.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Calgary Marriott downtown hotel - 6:15am
- Delta Bow Valley Hotel - 5:50am
- Fairmont Palliser hotel - 6:10am
- International Hotel of Calgary - 5:50am
- Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary - 6:05am
- Sandman Calgary City Centre - 6:05am
- Westin Calgary Hotel - 5:55am
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Columbia Icefield Tour from Calgary
- Hot buffet lunch
- Ride in the Ice Explorer
- Admission to Glacier Skywalk
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and/or drop-off at multiple locations available
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise or Banff if accommodation has been arranged
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: JD, July 2016
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: Jenna T, June 2016
I took this tour on 31 May 2016, and it was incredible! There is a lot packed into the day which itself is long - around 6am to 9pm if you're travelling from Calgary, like I was, but it really was sensational and worth every penny. I was in Calgary for a conference, and so decided to book this tour because I didn't have much time for sightseeing, and wanted to fit in as much of the Rockies as possible.
The day certainly didn't disappoint, and, as well as all the sights listed on the itinerary, we were also treated to the site of two grizzly bears, and one brown bear with her two cubs!
The whole day was very well-organized from start to finish, and I will definitely be back to Canada for more adventures in the future. Special thank you to Frank our driver and Rebecca our Brewster rep, who did a brilliant job. Frank was a fountain of knowledge!