On this day trip from Calgary, see the exciting Icefields Parkway on your way to the Columbia Icefield, and explore the Athabasca Glacier with the Ice Explorer. Stop for dinner in Banff, a beautiful town set amidst the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies. Return to Calgary late in the evening, and reminisce about the day's alpine adventure.
From Calgary, you'll travel the Trans Canada Highway across the prairie, through rolling foothills and into the Canadian Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park. Take a morning stroll on the shore of Lake Louise where Mount Victoria and the Victoria Glacier create a stunning backdrop.
Visit Lake Louise, the icon of the Canadian Rockies, before your spectacular journey along the Icefields Parkway. At Lake Louise stroll along its emerald green shores with a picture-perfect view of the Victoria Glacier. With photographic stops at Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, you head towards the impressive view at the Big Hill.
Then embark on one of the most scenic drives in Canada, the Icefield Parkway. Ride on the all-terrain Ice Explorer and delight in the excursion on the Athabascar Glacier. Step out onto the glacier and stand on the ancient ice!
On your scenic return trip, a stop in Banff provides time to dine and explore this historic mountain town before departing for Calgary in the evening.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and only operates from May through to October.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Calgary Marriott downtown hotel - 6:15am
- Delta Bow Valley Hotel - 5:50am
- Fairmont Palliser hotel - 6:10am
- International Hotel of Calgary - 5:50am
- Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary - 6:05am
- Sandman Calgary City Centre - 6:05am
- Westin Calgary Hotel - 5:55am
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Columbia Icefield Tour from Calgary
- Hot buffet lunch
- Ride in the Ice Explorer
- Admission to Glacier Skywalk
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and/or drop-off at multiple locations available
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise or Banff if accommodation has been arranged
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: ANIL VIJAISINH A, July 2016
Driving through the Rocky mountains is an experience in itself thankfully the weather was great. The beauty of the mountains, numerous glaciers and lakes are captivating. Perhaps the most exquisite in its pristine glory is turquoise lake Lake Peyto which drew gasps from everyone as we approached. The color is simply unbelievably pure. The Ice field trip is a once in a life time - the detailing by the driver sorry about the name as we approached was very informative. The exhilarating experience as we take our first steps on A GLACIER ! and after all the photos, a drink of glacial water from the source and a little bit for home. The sky walk is great but the Mountains,Lakes and Ice field are greater. Organisation perfect, Driver and host sorry names forgotten tremendous - their detailing impressive !!! the lunch plentiful and varied - which is great on such long trips. On way back, a happy silence as we absorbed the experience,
Reviewed by: JD, July 2016
This tour was amazing!