Hop off to explore sights at your own place including Charlestown, Beacon Hill, Boston Common, the Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Copley Square, the New England Aquarium, the North End and the Bunker Hill Pavilion.
Choose a 24-hour or 48-hour trolley ticket, giving you the flexibility to create your own itinerary and sightsee at your leisure. Also included with your trolley tour is a harbor cruise (from May to October) or entrance to the Mapparium® – your choice!
Sit back, relax and enjoy the waterfront sights on a 45-minute cruise along Boston Harbor. Cruises depart from the New England Aquarium every hour on the half hour, from 10:30am to 4:30pm.
If cruises aren't your thing, opt for admission to the Mary Baker Eddy Library to stand in awe of the giant Mapparium, a 3-story globe of stained glass viewed from a 30-foot-long (9-meter) bridge running through the library’s interior. Don’t forget your camera for this unique exhibit!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
10am - 2pm (December to February)
Trolley departs every 20 minutes from each stop
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1 Day Trolley Ticket
Trolley ticket valid for 24 hours after first use; includes harbor cruise or Mapparium admission
USD $35.00Pricing details
2 Day Trolley Ticket
Trolley ticket valid for 48 hours after first use; includes harbor cruise or Mapparium admission
USD $42.00Pricing details
- 24- or 48-hour trolley ticket
- Live commentary on board
- Boston Harbor cruise (if option selected; May to Oct)
- Admission to Mapparium (if option selected)
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to attractions unless noted
- Items purchased during your tour
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: The trolley is a hop-on/hop-off shuttle. There is no guarantee that you will be brought back to your Boston hotel at the end of the day. If your hotel is on the trolley route, the driver will try to accommodate your needs. Once the last tour ends, the drivers leave town for the garage. Those staying in Braintree, Randolph, Quincy or Dorchester must be at the tour office by 5pm to return to their departure location.
- Harbor cruise operates from May to October only and does not operate on Mondays
Trolleys depart from each stop approximately every 20 minutes from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- New England Aquarium & Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Board at Main Trolley Depot
- North End (Little Italy/Fleet Center): Board at Commercial Street at the skating rink
- USS Constitution: Board near the ship's museum
- TD Garden: Board at Bobby Orr statue on Causeway Street
- Old State House & Site of the Boston Massacre: Board across from Old State House at Court Street
- Theater District, Tremont Hotel: Board at the hotel
- City Place: Board in front of PF Chang's
- Cheers, Newbury Street: Board at Beacon Street in front of Cheers
- Copley Square, Trinity Church: Board on Boylston Street at Phillip Brooks Statue
- State House, Boston Common: Board in front of Shaw Memorial across from the State House
- Rowes Wharf: Board just past Hook Lobster on Atlantic Avenue
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: toboro49, October 2016
Super driver/narrator. Good sites well-explained. Great way to get an overview of Boston and what one might want to see more thoroughly. I highly suggest the two-day ticket.
Reviewed by: Gustavo C, September 2016
WONDERFUL TOUR GREAT DAY WILL RECOMEND TO ALL!