For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Qualified and professional pilot
Take off from Kona in a comfortable, low-vibration, six-seat Bell 407 helicopter, and soar south along the coast and then east to Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. See the most recent volcanic activity and look for flowing lava before heading to the north end of the island.
Climb between the volcanic peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, enjoying the fantastic views from the helicopter’s oversized sliding windows, perfect for taking photos. Revel in the beauty of ocean cliffs and tropical rainforests, where you'll dive between mist-shrouded peaks. Admire the cool mountain waterfalls and the deep green valleys of the Hamakua Coast before returning to Kona, where you can spot the million-dollar resorts that dot the coast.
Your knowledgeable pilot will offer expert narration, which you’ll hear over your two-way headset. Ask questions and talk with pilot as you fly!
Please note: due to weather, the flight can range from 100 - 120 minutes.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8am
8am Departure - Preferred
Departs at 8am. Preferred seating guarantees a window seat.
Departs at 11:00am
11am Departure - Preferred
Departs at 11am. Preferred seating guarantees a window seat.
Departs at 2pm
2pm Departure - Preferred
Departs at 2pm. Preferred seating guarantees a window seat.
2-Hour Big Island Helicopter Flight from Kona
- 100-120 minute helicopter tour
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel Pick-up from select Kona Hotels ONLY
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Your safety is our #1 priority; in order to ensure the safety of all passengers, customers that weigh between 250-300lbs (113 kg-135 kg) must pay a $50 capacity fee at the time of check-in. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing over 300 lbs (135 kg) will be assessed a capacity fee of 1/2 of 1 fare at regular price. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing 350 lbs (158 kg) and up are required to buy 2 seats. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Louis S, Australia, September 2016
Our pilot was ex military and flew the aircraft brilliantly. The 2 hour flight was fantastic and we spent a good time over the volcanos, turning around so that all passengers got a good view and able to take some good photos whatever side of the aircraft you were sitting. Seeing the lava entering the sea was good as was the flight up the coast and into the valleys. The entire flight was smooth and the weather on the day was very clear and fine. We flew back to Kona down the coast and you could see all the major resorts from the air. The driver who collected me arrived on time and drove very well and was very knowledgeable about the area and could answer any questions you had. I had the same driver on the return journey and was able to continue our conversations. A great time was had and I would highly recommend this trip. Great was to see the Big Island.
Reviewed by: geychner, September 2016
A true once-in-a-lifetime experience that exceeded our expectations. Great helicopter, great pilot, great ride!!