- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Next, visit the 14th-century Batalha Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that illustrates the rich artistic heritage of the late 1300s. Discover the impressive royal burial site at the basilica’s Founder’s Chapel, where King João I, Queen Philippa of Lancaster and their son Prince Henry the Navigator were buried.
Take a short break for lunch (own expense) in Nazaré, a quaint fishing town famous for its variety of restaurants and cafes. A popular summer retreat for the Portuguese, the village offers an interesting insight into local life. Next, head to the Nazaré cliffs and continue through the picturesque villages of Foz do Arelho and São Martinho do Porto. Admire views of agricultural fields and the Atlantic Ocean as you drive along the dramatic, cliff-lined coast.
Finally, make your way to the medieval village of Óbidos. Founded in 208 BC, Óbidos is commonly known in Portugal as the 'wedding present town', as it was a gift from King Dinis to Queen Isabel on their wedding day in 1282. Follow your guide to one of the numerous wine shops and sample the Ginja liqueur, and then enjoy free time to explore the village’s medieval fortress, narrow streets, colorful houses and Gothic doorways and windows decorated with flowerpots and dazzling tiles. Grab a snack or browse around the tiny shops that offer a varied collection of beautiful handmade ceramic art before making your way back to Lisbon.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Fatima, Nazare and Obidos Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Ginja liqueur tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided visit inside monuments and buildings
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Suzie Q, September 2016
Our guide was very knowledgeable about all f the places we went. He was also very kind and considerate. The minivan was comfortable. We visited wonderful places.
Reviewed by: Michael M, September 2016
This was a great way to leave Lisbon to experience a few other cities, without the hassle of renting a car. These were 3 great site choices.