Enjoy a stroll among Chianti vineyards, olive groves and wine cellars before indulging in a traditional Tuscan lunch amongst the Sienese hills where Chianti wine is produced. Surrounded by grapes vines you'll have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers while feasting on local foods including cold meats, salads, pasta and bread. A wine-tasting class will be held during lunch including free samples of wine and olive oil (which are also available for purchase).
After lunch you will visit San Gimignano where you can roam the maze of cobbled streets and small squares, grab a gelato and walk between San Gimignano's famous 14 towers. Your final stop is Pisa, where you can take an up-close inspection of The Leaning Tower, view the Cathedral, the Baptistery and monumental Cemetery in Pisa before venturing back to Florence where your full-day tour concludes.Want to skip the long lines at the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
Upgrade to the Tour & Leaning Tower of Pisa option and you’ll receive pre-booked entrance tickets. Go to the front of the queue at the Leaning Tower of Pisa without having to wait in line and experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to climb the world’s most titled tower. Leaning Tower of Pisa has 296 steps over 7 floors. The climb will take approximately 30-minutes. You will arrive in Pisa approx. 6pm and leave 6.50pm. Children aged 8 years and under are not permitted to climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
Tour & Leaning Tower of Pisa
Tuscany in One Day Tour with pre-booked Leaning Tower of Pisa tickets. Guaranteed entry to climb the tower on the day & skip the long lines. Tour stops for approximately 50 minutes in Pisa.
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Detailed maps of all destinations visited
- 3-course lunch at a wine estate
- Wine tasting
- Entrance fees to Siena Cathedral (approximately 3-5 Euros per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- It is recommended to book any rail travel from Florence after 9pm to allow time for any traffic delays on your return journey
- When the Duomo of Siena is closed for religious services, Santa Maria della Scala museum will be visited instead
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: For the Leaning Tower of Pisa children under the age of 8 are not admitted. Children between 8 and 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult and held by the hand at all times while you are in the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Teenagers between 13 and 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult while you are in the Leaning Tower of Pisa
Sample Lunch Menu includes:
- Garlic bruschetta
- Pasta with Chianina beef ragù
- Tuscan ham, salami and local artisan sheep milk cheese
- Garden salad
- Cantuccini (almond biscuits) to dip into Vin Santo (dessert wine)
- A tasting of local wines
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Nicola D, December 2016
I really enjoyed the whole day. The itinerary was good and the lunch was excellent location, food, wine, and service. The tour company was well organized. I was travelling alone and met some nice people to socialize with throughout the day. The tour packs a lot into one day and so a few of the locations I would have liked to have had more time for viewing or shopping etc. I would have liked more time at Pisa. Pre-purchasing the ticket to go up the Tower of Pisa with this tour was the best decision I made because there was not time to buy a ticket on site not if you wanted to go to toilet and had to stand in line to buy a ticket for the tower as well. Only a handful of the group had purchased this extra. This stop we had time for a brief wander around, wait in line for the toilets pay for use, then stand in line for the Tower. Security inspection prior to entry. They allowed NO hand baggage, not even small pouch bags. They allowed cameras and tablets in your hand. If you have a bag you have to go to a different area to check your bag. Our tour guide made sure we were looked after re: bags checked, tickets and security check. We had time to go up the Tower, have a look around from the top, take photos and then just about ran down the Tower steps and ran to the bus to catch it on time. It was worth it but I had shin splints for a week after the brisk journey down those marble steps! Not suitable for those with mobility problems the steps are worn, uneven and you are on a big spiral staircase which is also leaning wickedly! Cool! Or actually hot I went at high season, in July 2016 so there were crowds of tourists everywhere and it was really, really hot. Important to keep hydrated but also be aware of availability of toilets. For those whose age or health requires be prepared for being able to access toilets perhaps every 2 hours at most. No toilets on any buses that I was on. Also, lots of walking including up and down inclines/hills on cobblestones. It is important to have the time/watch/phone so that you get to meeting places on time. Highlights for me were the top of the Tower of Pisa and a really excellent lunch experience.
Reviewed by: Krishnan S, United States of America, December 2016
This was the coolest trip. Totally worth it. The guide was fantastic and was the optimal pace with both teen and young kids. Elisa was great throughout and Siena and San Gimignano are beautiful must see places in the Tuscsan landscape, Only thing - they could arrange for a slightly better local guide in Siena.