- Instant Confirmation
- Rail Tour
- Choice of seating available
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Enjoy a Western-style lunch at the New Miyako Hotel before beginning your afternoon city tour in Kyoto. After your meal, travel by comfortable coach to the spectacular Heian-jingu Shrine, a Shinto structure built in 1895 to commemorate the 1,100 year anniversary of the founding of Kyoto. The shrine's design reproduced the architecture of an Emperor’s palace from an earlier era. Outside, walk through the lush gardens next to a large pond.
Next, travel to Sanjusangen-do Temple and marvel at its long wooden structure. Walk inside and be amazed by the main deity of the temple, the Thousand Armed Kannon, who is flanked by 1,000 life-size Buddhist statues that date to the 12th and 13th centuries. Listen as your guide explains the history and significance of the stunning temple.
Afterward, head to the hills for great views over Kyoto and a visit to Kiyomizu-dera Temple, a temple with several magnificent buildings, situated on a hilltop. Hear from your guide about the amazing construction of the temple, which doesn't use any nails. Note the Otowa spring that flows under the temple’s main hall; legend says that anyone who sips its waters will be granted a wish.
After a full afternoon of sightseeing in Kyoto, your guide brings you to the train station in the evening for your return to Tokyo on the bullet train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs from select hotels in Tokyo (ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo, Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro), New Otani Tokyo, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome) or from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 9:10am from Tokyo Station
Concludes at Tokyo Station at approximately 9:15pm
Hotel drop-off is available for select hotels only
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
First Class (Green Car)
First-class reserved seat on shinkansen bullet train between Tokyo and Kyoto
USD $506.29Pricing details
Standard-class reserved seat on shinkansen bullet train between Tokyo and Kyoto
USD $407.79Pricing details
Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Round-trip bullet train tickets between Tokyo and Kyoto
- Afternoon sightseeing tour of Kyoto
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Important Note: Hotel pickup is only available at select hotels in Tokyo (please refer to Departure Point for details). It is important to select the hotel at checkout
- Please provide your local contact information or your hotel phone number at checkout so the local tour operator may contact you for anything urgent. Otherwise, your booking may be rejected due to lack of information
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sharon Ann W, October 2016
One of the most beautiful places on earth. Your guide was fabulous!!!!
Reviewed by: Tecca B, September 2016
Terrific tour. Staff were amazing!!