- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Popular choice with kids
A team of expert instructors will cover basic aspects of surfing, from ocean safety and surf etiquette to paddling, pop-ups and wave-riding techniques. But perfection isn’t necessary – follow the motto "the best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun," and you’ll have a wonderful time, even if you don’t master the sport in 90 minutes.
Please note: Surf instructors are certified in CPR, first aid and lifesaving and the surf school is permitted by the City of San Diego.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
* Please check-in 30 minutes prior to departure time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
San Diego Kids Surf Lessons
- Use of surfboard and rashguard
- Surf diploma
- 10% surcharge for the City of San Diego
- 20% VIP discount in the full-service surf shop
- Wetsuit rental $6.60
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be able to swim one lap unassisted across a 25-yard pool to partake in the surf lessons
- All students must have parent sign a parental consent form
- Bring sunscreen, sweatshirt, swimsuit, towel, water, a light snack, hair ties and any other items you might need while at the beach
- This lesson is open only to children between the ages of 5 and 11.
- Pricing reflects child rates, at the time of booking please only select the number of children that wish to participate in the lesson.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jeremiah M, March 2015
The surf instructors were great. They had lots of patience and enthusiasm. We could tell they loved surfing and sharing it with us.