- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Dinner included
Sail by the South Wharf precinct and admire the Polly Woodside, a 3-masted tall ship that was built in Belfast in 1885. Nibble on a gourmet box lunch (see sample menu under Itinerary below) and snap photos of picturesque parks, sporting arenas and more as your onboard guide shares stories about the city’s rich maritime history.
When you return to shore, board a comfortable air-conditioned coach for a 3.5-hour city sightseeing tour with live commentary. Begin at two sites loved by sports fans: Melbourne Cricket Ground and the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne Park.
Continue to Kings Domain, a large park which contains the Royal Botanic Gardens and other attractions. Have time to take a stroll around the lake or purchase Devonshire tea before continuing to the nearby Shrine of Remembrance, a memorial to people who perished in the First World War.
Next, drive past the Arts Centre Melbourne, the Docklands and Etihad Stadium. On Bolte Bridge, keep your camera handy for excellent views of the Port of Melbourne and city skyline.
Top off your Melbourne tour at the popular Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, a top-rated restaurant-on-wheels located on a historic tramcar. You are welcomed aboard by the maitre d’ and shown to your table for a delicious 3-course dinner served by a professional staff. Savor a delicious meal that features fresh produce and other local ingredients accompanied by a range of beverages from a fully stocked bar (sample menu under Itinerary).
Surrounded by old-world ambiance, you'll dine in style while your tram rolls through South Melbourne, St Kilda, Prahran and Malvern. One-way windows provide privacy and modern amenities ensure a comfortable trip.
Your comprehensive 7-hour tour of Melbourne concludes in the early evening at the end of your tramcar journey.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Best of Melbourne City Tour with Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Dinner
- Experienced tour guide / driver
- Guided coach tour of Melbourne
- Yarra River scenic cruise
- Boxed picnic lunch
- 3-course dinner aboard the Tramcar Restaurant (Early Dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please confirm lunch choice at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual on board the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Focaccia with roast beef, mozzarella, tomato, avocado and basil pesto
- Chapati wrap with tandoori chicken, red onion, baby spinach and seasonal vegetables
- Focaccia with eggplant, zucchini, roasted pacific red capsicum, pumpkin, basil pesto
Appetizer (choose one):
- Chicken liver and cognac pate crowned with pink peppercorns
- Roasted red capsicum dip served with assorted crisp bread
- Grilled chicken fillet served on a Mediterranean vegetable risotto with pesto, shaved parmesan and a roasted tomato sauce
- Victoria-farmed eye fillet of beef resting on a potato and herb rosti, with seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and rich beef jus
- Warm sticky date pudding topped with butterscotch sauce served with cream
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with crumbled pistachio and sweet cherry syrup
- Wines: select Victorian red and white wines
- Bar: beer, whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, Bacardi rum and dry vermouth
- Liqueurs: port, cognac, Drambuie, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau and Tia Maria
- Coffee and tea
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: herbie2448, Australia, September 2016
A great way to pack in a lot of Melbourne in a short time. I had tried to book the Tram Dining but found it was booked out. It was still available through this Viator deal plus we got the Yarra cruise and guided tour by bus of Melbourne and its surrounds.
Reviewed by: Cba.desiree, June 2016
Services is great , ambience is nice and food is delicious . Highly recommended