Take a scenic helicopter tour from Cairns and spend the morning relaxing on far-flung Vlasoff Cay, surrounded by the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef (or Turtle Beach if Vlasoff Cay is occupied). You will land on this remote coral sand island with all the supplies you'll need for your two-hour island retreat: a gourmet picnic hamper including champagne and nibbles, picnic blanket, beach umbrella, deck chairs and snorkeling equipment. What more could you wish for!
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Snorkel gear included
- Lunch included
Scenic helicopter flights from Cairns take you over the stunning Great Barrier Reef, one of the world's greatest natural wonders. You'll have unforgettable views of the Great Barrier Reef's coral and marine life, plus the gorgeous tropical coastline and islands of Far North Queensland. While enjoying the incredible views of the reef, you'll take some of the most spectacular photos imaginable.
You'll then have two hours to relax, read a book, swim in the crystal-clear waters, snorkel, bask in the sun, snack on your gourmet picnic supplies and sip champagne. And as you soak up the magic of this idyllic world, you'll be equipped with life's little comforts, like a picnic blanket, beach umbrella and deck chairs.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
General Aviation at the Cairns Airport
Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Helicopter Tour: Great Barrier Reef Island Snorkeling and Gourmet Picnic Lunch
- 25-minute scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- 2-hours on secluded Vlasoff Cay (or Turtle Beach)
- Picnic basket including gourmet food and beverages
- Snorkeling equipment
- Picnic blanket, beach umbrella and beach chairs
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Return transfers from Port Douglas hotels are available at an additional cost of AU$70, payable direct to the coach driver on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- There is a minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter.
- All passenger weights for the helicopter flight MUST be advised at time of booking. Any individual weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat in order to fly. Passengers are allowed a weight variance of up to 10% over original recorded weight. Should this variance be found to be more than 10%, your local operator reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: When the Vlasoff Cay is occupied, guests will receive additional flying time to Turtle Beach
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jia H, November 2015
Amazing!! We ended up on Turtle beach, had our breakfast there and went snorkeling a bit.
It was super nice and relaxing. The pilot was great and amazing she took us for a tour around the reef, just beautiful.
Reviewed by: anthony h, October 2015
Fantastic way to see the reef!