- Lunch included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Small group ensures personal service
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
At the end of the road, a brief rest stop at the historic Kohala Mule Station offers one of Hawaii's most spectacular coastal views. Then the real fun begins with a bumpy but short off-road drive in the 6x6 Pinzgauer. Ramble through a landscape of rushing streams, towering ocean cliffs and cascading waterfalls!
Once out of the Pinzgauer, you'll step back into the early 1900s when plantation owners began construction of the Kohala Ditch Trail. Along the 1.5 mile (2.4km) loop trail, you'll see tunnels blasted and carved from solid rock, walk over an aqueduct and learn the story of the tremendous effort it took to build the 22 mile (35km) irrigation system. The hike is considered easy to moderate with several short, steep climbs. The total walking distance is up to 2 miles (3.2km).
Seven beautiful waterfalls grace the trail and you can take a refreshing dip in the last pool visited and play under a refreshing cascade. With stunning mountain panoramas, green valleys and the abundant water, the Kohala Waterfalls Adventure is a fascinating way for young and old to experience Kohala's "story of water."
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Kohala resorts and Waikoloa Beach Resorts
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kohala Waterfalls Small Group Adventure Tour
- Bottled water
- Walking sticks, daypacks and rain gear
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes, boots, sneakers reef walkers or sport sandals, bathing under shorts, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket and a towel
- Infants under 3 must be carried in a backpack carrier (not provided by tour operator)
- Children under 4 must ride in a car seat (not provided by tour operator)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum number of 12 people per van
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: ks135bm, August 2016
Great tour and tour guide! They took care of the little things like extra water, snacks, back packs, towels. Would love to do the waterfall again!
Reviewed by: Michael F M, March 2016
Excellent tour. Very informative and interesting. Very knowledgeable tour guide Mateo.