Experience the main highlights of Hawaii Volcano National Park, from lush ancient Hawaiian rainforests to dynamic lava formation. You will travel through a variety of micro-climates, huge craters, stand by steaming vents, walk through a lava tube and if Madame Pele (the volcano goddess) allows, see active lava flows pouring into the Pacific Ocean.
Bike as much or as little as you wish during the majestic Kilauea Volcano bike tour. A support van will always be close by. If you prefer not to cycle at all you have the option of joining the tour by van and riding along the same trails. Read the Itinerary for a list of the stops and sights included in your tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Port of Hilo (cruise passengers only)
- Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
- Kilauea General Store, Volcano Village
- Visitors Center, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Port of Hilo (cruise passengers only): 8:30am
- Hilo Hawaiian Hotel: 8:40am
- Kilauea General Store, Volcano Village: 9:30am
- Visitors Center, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: 9:45am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour by Van only
USD $136.36Pricing details
Tour by Bike
USD $147.36Pricing details
Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
- Rain jacket
- Fresh Baked Deli Sandwich Lunch (Roast Beef, Pastrami, Ham, Turkey, Tuna, or Veggie)
- DOT approved helmets
- Giant Sedona Comfort Hybrid Bicycle
- Pickup and drop off from select locations (see departure point field)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Van pricing requires at least one cyclist in your party. All van riders must have the ability to access the historic sites at the group’s pace and enter/exit the van independently.
- Local contact number in Hawaii
- Lunch Choice
- Meeting location selection
- Layered Clothing (shorts, t-shirt, jacket/sweatshirt, pants)
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Your Sense of Adventure
- Visitor Center at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Jagger Museum (inside visit)
- Kilaueu caldera rim and steam vents
- Rainforest section and paved trail of the volcano summit
- Kilauea Iki Crater outlook
- Chain of Craters Road
- Mau Loa O Mauna Ulu (see the lava flow)
- Views of the Ka’u coastline
- Oceanside lunch
- Thurston Lava Tube
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: William R W, November 2016
This was a great experience for my husband. He especially enjoyed the fantastic views of the volcanoes. Unfortunately they didn't have bike small enough for my short stature. I rode in the van which was great talking to Driver Pretty. Mike was great at explaining volcano facts. He even gave a great hint for watching the sunset and seeing the colors in the crater. Great trip!
Reviewed by: Sureen D, August 2016
The bike tour is pretty cool, a great way to get an overview of the national park. After the tour, we were able to spend some time exploring the park in greater detail with suggestions from the tour.
The guides are very knowledgeable about the park and Hawaiian folklore, and quick to tell a good story. The ride itself is quite easy so suitable for all fitness levels.