- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
Walk the main street, the Decumanus Maximus, while your tour guide brings the stones around you to life. The Roman statues that line the walkways are in such perfect condition you'll feel as though you are walking amongst the ancient Romans themselves! You'll even be enticed to take a dip in the Baths of Neptune, which are crowned by a impressively intact mosaic of the sea god being drawn by a four horse chariot. And if you are a theatre fan, you'll enjoy Ancient Ostia's amphitheatre ' whose structure is still so stable that you will be able to take your place in the stands as 3,500 Roman spectators once did back in 12BC when it was first constructed.
Your fluent English speaking tour guide takes care of all train tickets and making sure you everyone gets off at the right stop. All entrance tickets are included and all of the major sites will be covered in a 2.5 hour leisurely walk through the ruins - including but not limited to Ostia's Amphitheatre, Forum of the Corporations, the Collegiate Temple, the public tavern and public baths.
Note, walking tour is 2.5 hours. The complete duration is 4 hours with train trip to and from Ancient Ostia.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ancient Ostia Small Group Day Trip from Rome
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Roundtrip train tickets between Rome and Ancient Ostia
- Small group tour (maximum 25 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Good walking shoes are recommended. The terrain can be rough at times. We also recommend bringing beachwear along for clients interested in visiting the beach of Ostia unaccompanied after the tour
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Flash, December 2016
Fascinated by the ancient shopping precinct and the ancient restaurant - so similar in layout to current pubs. Great to be able to continue to explore at own rate and return to Rome when you are ready rather than be rushed through the tour.
Reviewed by: Marilyn L, November 2016
Our guide, whose name I unfortunately have forgotten, was wonderful. He was on time to meet us and the tour was really informative. We liked the small group--there were 6 of us--and the flexibility of having our return train ticket so we could return to Rome whenever we chose, not necessarily at the end of the tour. Ostia was not overrun with other tourists, so it allowed us to explore and look without fighting the crowds that we encountered on tours in Rome. I really recommend a camera and comfortable shoes. The surfaces are very uneven and because we were there after a rainy night, there were lots of puddles to get around. I highly recommend this tour!