- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Next, take a scenic walk towards North Beach. The best way to explore this San Francisco neighborhood is to take a walking tour. Here, see Washington Square and the Saints Peter and Paul Church. You’ll start to see why North Beach is known as the Italian neighborhood as you pass the numerous Italian restaurants and gelato shops.
Leaving North Beach, get the insider’s tour of the back alleys and all the secrets they have to offer. Your tour guide will show you a hidden staircase and path that winds its way up to Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill, where you’ll take in breathtaking 360-degree views of the city. End the tour at Levi’s Plaza, where your guide will provide you with a cable car ticket so that you can continue to explore San Francisco at your leisure.
If you select the Alcatraz option,you will visit Alcatraz in the morning and meet your walking tour guide at 2:30pm. – Take the ferry to Alcatraz Island, one of San Francisco’s most popular attractions, and take the award-winning audio tour to learn about the famous escape from Alcatraz, the prison's notorious inmates and much more!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Walking tour departs at 2:30pm
- Alcatraz morning departures depending on availability (if option selected)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Walking Tour and Cable Car
Walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach and Telegraph Hill, including cable car ticket for after the tour.
USD $52.00Pricing details
Tour, Cable Car and Alcatraz
Walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach and Telegraph Hill, including cable car ticket and ticket to Alcatraz.
USD $90.41Pricing details
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Cable car ticket
- Tickets to Alcatraz (if option is selected, US$33 per adult value)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Moderate amount of walking involved, including steep hills
- For Alcatraz option, if traveling with another party as part of separate bookings, please notate in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking to ensure same Alcatraz ferry times
Reviewed by: Jodi R, August 2016
Our walking tour was great. Don is a fabulous guide. Don really knows the city and is willing to go the extra mile if you truly want to. Having the tour in the morning was exceptional because crowds hadn't started to really form yet. This was a highlight of our trip. Thanks!
Reviewed by: Dana D, United States of America, July 2016
Amazing! Walking tour was great with very knowledgeable guide, Bridgette. Cable cars are a must as is Alcatraz! Great time on this tour!