- Close encounter with wildlife
Board your boat at Circular Quay and cruise through Sydney Harbour and into the open ocean through Sydney Heads. You'll have the opportunity to see the whales at play, often performing spectacular aerial leaps.
The vessel is custom- built to cruise the open waters, and there is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy the sights and look for whales. The outdoor viewing decks offer great views, and the indoor all-weather lounge, provides a comfortable and warm place to relax while out on the open seas.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs from Circular Quay at 10:15am, returns at 1pm
Departs from Circular Quay at 1:30pm, returns at 4:15pm
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- We recommend you have a light meal before and during the cruise and that you bring along some snacks and cold drinks (alcoholic beverages are not permitted)
- Please dress appropriately and wear warm clothing. It will often feel cooler at sea
- If you are susceptible to travel sickness, please bring the relevant medication
- Whale Guarantee: If a whale is not sighted during your cruise, you'll be given the opportunity to cruise again for free
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: wendy a, October 2016
A beautiful day curtesy by mother nature absolutely loved the cruise Whales are so unpredictable and when they rose up from the ocean nothing but spectacular sights, would highly recommend captain cook whale watching cruises
Reviewed by: Joanna S, October 2016
The Sydney whale watching cruise was certainly an eye-opening experience for me. The afternoon cruise that I went on was the perfect ending for my day's visit to Sydney, Australia. The pilot of the Captain Cook's cruise boat provided an informative commentary throughout the cruise: as we headed out of the Sydney harbour area telling us what to look out for while we were amongst the whales informing us of each sighting of whale fin and whale breaking surface to blow and as we headed back to the Circular quay in Sydney. Although the motion of the boat did make me feel a bit sleepy for the first half, I was thrilled to glance towards the opposite side of the boat and clearly see close-up a whale break the surface of the water and dive down again. Others on the cruise viewed a mother whale and her young one many times during the cruise. It was a great whale spotting time: there seemed to be quite a number of whales in the area. I would really recommend visitors taking a whale watching cruise while they are in Sydney.