On a clear day from the summit, there are spectacular views over the City of Hobart, down to the D'Entrecasteaux Channel and Bruny Island, as you take in the views you will understand why this imposing mountain is close to the heart of the people of Hobart.
- St David's Park
- Battery Point - charming houses, boutique shops and pubs
- Arthur's Circus
- Anglesea Barracks - Australia's oldest Army facility
- South Hobart - fine examples of early Hobart homes
- Cascade Valley - home of Cascade Brewery and Gardens
- Pretty mountain town of Ferntree
- Pass through various eco systems as you ascend the mountain
- Massive rock formation of the Organ Pipes
- Mt. Wellington Summit - a harsh rocky alpine environment affording unsurpassed views on a clear day
- Witness the panoramic spectacle of Hobart, its surrounding suburbs, towns and vast waterways
- Visit remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- Macquarie Street
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Brooke St Pier Tourism Centre
Cruise ship passengers: Please note that the tour departs from Brooke st Pier, located between Macquarie and Princess Wharfs, one of the two cruise ship docking points which is a 400m walk to the tour departure point at Brooke st Pier. You will be required to be at the departure point prior to 9:00am as tour departs at 9:15am.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Wellington Tour from Hobart
- Hotel pickup
- Mt. Wellington morning tour by coach
- English-speaking guide
- Full commentary enroute to Mount Wellington
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Leonie B, Australia, June 2016
We had a lovely morning driving to and from Hobart up to Mt Wellington. We had the perfect weather, clear blue sky and -1 on top of the mountain. Sue was our driver and guide and a lovely lady and excellent driver, would recommend this trip but you would need to take your chances on the weather, we were so lucky
Reviewed by: jduckworth7797, March 2016
An excellent half-day tour. We were lucky to have an exceptionally clear day, with relatively little wind and warm temperature. The guide was excellent, the mini-bus comfortable, thoroughly recommend.