Enjoy the best of Tasmania’s gourmet produce with a delicious morning or afternoon tea, while the skipper regales you with stories of the high sea.
Any time is a great time to go sailing. A morning sail is available from October to March, departing at 9am. From April to September an afternoon sail is available, departing from 2pm.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-hour afternoon sailing departs at 2pm from October to March only
Sailing on the Derwent River
- 3-hour sail on Hobart Harbour by luxury ocean racing yacht
- Gourmet treats for morning or afternoon tea
- Professional skipper and crew
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear soft rubber soled shoes. Sneakers are ideal
- A maximum of 18 people per sailing trip
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ruth P, October 2016
Such a wonderful experience! A lovely crew made it special. We had the boat to ourselves and they were very professional, respectful, courteous and it was most informative for my son. I recommend parking in the all day car park behind the art school and if you cant find the actual jetty the tourist info pier were very helpful. A luxurious way to spend the afternoon!
Reviewed by: Jennifer M L, June 2016
Absolutely wonderful afternoon out on the Derwent. Sunshine, Tasmanian cheeses and home made scones