This guided journey commences with a leisurely drive out of Bangkok, passing through salt fields and rice paddies, before embarking aboard your long tail speed-boat on your journey to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. The trip to the floating markets are a very popular option for so many tourists to Thailand, as it is a showcase of Thai style canoes laden with colorful and succulent fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats - all gently plying their way through the canal, selling as they go. If you want to take a closer look your local Thai guide will help you organize a local boat ride through the markets (optional extra).
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
It is then off to The Sampran Riverside Thai Village by coach, where you will see local Thai villagers creating traditional village handicrafts. All sorts of skills are on display including; silk-weaving, pottery-making, umbrella-painting, Khon mask masking, mat weaving, doll making, fruit carving, garland-making, rice-pounding and even the delicate crafting of silver and laquerware.
There are also impressive displays of authentic Thai period costumes, a chance to see busy, typical Thai market, different styles of Thai Houses (from both the North to South regions of Thailand) and an intriguing display of Thai antiques from various parts of the country. The village offers a potpourri of different Thai cultural activities that also include Muay Thai boxing, sword fighting, Thai dances, elephants at work and much, much more.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Depending on the number of people on this coach tour, you may be transferred from your hotel to a central departure point to begin this tour.
Hotel pickup and drop off is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- River cruise to the floating markets
- Entrance to the Sampran Riverside Thai Village
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: stevepollmann, September 2016
We had a wonderful trip and would highly recommended this trip. The floating market was very interesting and we enjoyed seeing the cultural events at the Sampran. The buffet luncheon was excellent. Our guide, Neco, was very helpful and was instrumental in getting to locations with plenty of time ahead of the crowds.
Reviewed by: o0bev0o, June 2016
This tour was definitely worth it. To get out to the floating market was quite a drive, not sure how I would have ever found this place by myself even if I did speak Thai.
The floating market is quite an experience, and really fun! You can either walk around the market, or get in the paddle boat and go to each individual vendor, and it was fun to see how they reel us into their shops. So interesting as well to see how people sell their products on their boats.
The lunch buffet was great, so many choices again and everything I had was pretty good.
The cultural show at the Rose Garden was fun, and a cool way to see the various styles of Thai Dance.