Akumal Bay Sea Turtle and Snorkel Adventure from Cozumel
Take part in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to snorkel with green sea turtles in the open waters of Akumal Bay. Hop on a ferry to Playa del Carmen from Cozumel and spend the day visiting the pristine beauty of the Riviera Maya. Open bar, buffet-style lunch and snorkeling equipment is all included!
- All necessary equipment included
- Close encounter with wildlife
Join the exhilarating snorkel adventure experience at the Riviera Maya's most recommended snorkel sites. Your tour guide will meet you at the Cozumel ferry terminal and accompany you on the 30-minute ferry ride from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen (option to pre-book your ferry ticket is available). Once at Playa Del Carmen, you'll be escorted in a 12-seater van for the 30-minute scenic journey along Riviera Maya to Akumal Bay.
Akumal is a pristine environment which boasts beautifully clear waters no deeper than 6 - 8 feet (1.8 - 2.4 meters). The bay is protected by a barrier reef where Logger Head Sea Turtles enter daily to feed on the sea grass. Once at the beach, you'll enjoy the rare opportunity to explore and snorkel along side these turtles in the open ocean waters.
After your 50-minute snorkeling tour, you're sure to have worked up an appetite so you're invited to spend a few hours enjoying the beautiful beach and indulging in a buffet-style lunch and open bar. There's no better way to experience the Mayan Riviera!
The adventure concludes with a 45-minute journey back to Playa Del Carmen with the option to board the ferry to Cozumel.
Please note: This tour departs from Playa del Carmen. If you are staying in Cozumel, you must choose the Cozumel option and board the ferry (ferry ticket price included) in order to meet the tour at Playa del Carmen.
Note: this tour is not available to Carnival cruise ship passengers
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located meeting point
- Friday: 8:30am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departing from Cozumel and includes ferry ticket to Play del Carmen
USD $198.00Pricing details
From Playa del Carmen
Departing from Playa Del Carmen
USD $146.00Pricing details
Akumal Bay and Yal Ku Lagoon Snorkel and Sea Turtle Adventure
- Return transportation from Playa Del Carmen
- Professional guide
- Ferry ticket (optional inclusion to be selected at time of booking)
- Limited group size of 12 for a more personalized experience
- Entrance fees at Akumal Bay
- Use of snorkel equipment including inflatable vests, masks and fins
- Lunch and open bar at Akumal Bay
- Gratuities (optional)
- Ferry ticket (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Pregnant women are not recommended for this tour
- Recommended to bring towels, hats, sunscreen - due to marine preservation please use biodegradable sunscreen
- No physical contact is permitted with the sea turtles and other marine life
- Maximum of 12 people permitted per group tour
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: JennyC, United States of America, October 2011
Reviewed by: Jimmy F, May 2011
The guide was well experienced and nice.
We saw turtles as promise but there were no Yal Ku Lagoon Snorkel as stated.
We would recommend it to anybody.