- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Stroll through Raphael’s Rooms as your guide talks about the talented artists who designed masterpieces for the popes. With tales of Renaissance-era rivalries ringing in your ears, continue through the Pinecone Courtyard, Gallery of the Maps and Gallery of the Tapestries, and then step inside the Sistine Chapel.
Home to some of the most influential pieces of Western artwork in the world, the sacred chapel is sure to be a highlight. Stand amid the hushed quiet — talking is forbidden — and gaze at Michelangelo’s frescoes of The Creation of Adam, which cloaks the ceiling, and The Last Judgement.
From the chapel, wander through to St Peters Basilica, the Vatican’s iconic late-Renaissance church. Hear more tales of Michelangelo as you view La Pietà, and admire Bernini’s bronze baldachin that frames the papal altar. Then, take a turn around St Peter’s Square to discover Bernini’s use of optical illusion at the colonnades.
Your tour then finishes at St. Peter’s Square.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Starts at 10am
USD $112.50Pricing details
Starts at 2:30pm
USD $112.50Pricing details
Skip the Line: Private Vatican Museums Walking Tour
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Private guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This ticket enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- Tours departing Wednesday: there is the possibility that you will be unable to include St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica could be closed. As an alternative, you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. If you would prefer a ticket with guaranteed access to St Peter's Basilica and the square, do not select Wednesday as your travel date
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, the full 3-hour tour is spent inside the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Your guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. No refunds or discounts will be issued
- Wheelchairs can be taken on this tour. If assistance is required, you must provide your own carer
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, please avoid bringing backpacks on this tour
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jennifer S, September 2016
Our guide Seraphina was knowledgeable, passionate and patient. With her guidance we were able to see all of the highlights without feeling rushed or crowded. Highly recommend the private tour over a group tour.
Reviewed by: Beverly B, September 2016
This was the way to go. We were a group of 8 and our tour guide was amazing getting us up close and providing information that was most important.