- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Hotel pickup included
Return to your coach and pass the Palace of Exhibitions on the way to Piazza Venezia to see its ostentatious Vittorio Emmanuele II monument. Hear tales and trivia about this love-it-or-hate-it landmark from your onboard guide, and learn about Rome’s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, located on the building’s sweeping terrace.
Travel around Capitoline Hill into the area known as Ancient Rome, and see the relics and ruins that the Roman emperors left behind. Gaze at crumbling monuments in the Roman Forum and admire the Arch of Constantine lit up against the dazzling backdrop of the Colosseum.
Head alongside Circus Maximus and follow the Tiber River past Castel Sant’Angelo to Vatican City. Gaze in awe at the sight of St Peter’s Basilica set against the night sky, and then pass the ancient Aurelian walls on your way back into Rome. Admire Porta Flaminia Gate by Villa Borghese, Rome’s central park, marvel at the Egyptian obelisk in Piazza del Popolo, and then head back into the historical center.
Hop off your coach at Trevi Fountain – Rome’s famous water feature – and throw a coin in the fountain for luck. Then, finish your tour with a drop-off at your central hotel or another central Rome location.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Alternatively you can request hotel pick up ONLY for centrally located hotels (please contact the supplier for further info).
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus
- Please note: this is a Multilingual Tour
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Anne G, December 2016
Lovely easy going tour
Reviewed by: Valerie T, June 2016
This was great but need to at least have Spanish steps