- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Seasonal Offer
As you explore this exciting labyrinth of galleries and apartments, see Egyptian relics and Etruscan artifacts alongside incredible Renaissance art by legendary Italian painters Raphael and Michelangelo. Highlights of your tour include the Gallery of Maps, home to 40 map frescoes that date back to 1580, and Raphael's Rooms, four interconnecting chambers adorned with paintings by Raphael and his pupils.
Finally, you’ll make it to the room you’ve been waiting for – the beautiful Sistine Chapel. After your guide explains the significance of this sacred Vatican site, you'll have roughly 15 minutes to walk around inside and gaze in awe. See Michelangelo's famous ceiling fresco, The Creation of Adam, as well as The Last Judgment, a colorful fresco that dominates one of the chapel walls.
Your tour finishes outside the Sistine Chapel, and while entry isn't permitted to St Peter's Basilica in the evening, you can spend as much time as you want in beautiful St Peters Square, where you can take nighttime Vatican photos without the usual daytime crowds!
Evening Vatican tours sell out fast, and only twenty Friday nights are available between May to October.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Vatican Night Tour: Summer Opening of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Professional guide
- Walking tour (maximum 25 people)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums are not included (23 euros per adult and 16 euros per kids is payable in cash directly)
- Visit to St Peter's Basilica
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums are not included. A supplement of 23 euros - adult - and 16 euros - chid - is payable in cash directly.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Richard T, January 2017
The Friday night tour was a wonderful way to get an overview of the Vatican treasures and see the Sistine Chapel. There were still crowds, but it is apparently much better than during the day. Would have like to have more time to linger, but the collections are vast! Good guide and organized tour operation.
Reviewed by: Kerri B, October 2016
Wonderful guide fabulous place!