- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
As you drive, you will be greeted by Fat Margaret Tower and the Great Coastal Gate, will then drive along the the city wall with defence towers. Once in the Upper Town, you will start your walking tour there.
Merchant houses, St Olaf’s church, one of the oldest functioning pharmacies in the world, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, The Three Sisters Houses, which is today a modern five-star hotel with the medieval charm – everything about the Old Town will mesmerise you and amaze you with it’s perfectly preserved condition, like from a fairy tale. You will stroll through the narrow cobble-stoned lanes to the Dome Church (Virgin Mary Cathedral) and admire the magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill.
This tour being not just a historical overview of the days past, you will also learn about life of modern Estonians, see where they walk, shop and enjoy their coffee breaks!
Your guided tour will finish in the center of the Old Town and the guide will specify the pick up place for return ship transfer in 2 hours. You will have 2 hours of free time to continue your exploration independently. Just don’t forget to come back to the meeting point for the transfer to the ship. It’s so easy to lose track of time in this charming medieval place.
If you wish, you can stay in Old Town longer and either walk back to the ship or take a taxi there.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tallinn Panoramic view
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Port pick-up and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer in a mini-bus
- 2 hours 45 min walking tour
- 2 hours of free time
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a shared small-group tour. Maximum number of tour participants: 16
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Karen R L, August 2016
A walking tour is a great way to see Tallinn. We enjoyed the small group and would highly recommend this tour. Unfortunately for us, it started raining in the middle of the tour and we had to buy ponchos from a street vendor. Our guide was helpful and showed us where we could get cash at an ATM. She also found a cab to take us back to our ship. We were disappointed that we didn't have to opportunity to explore Tallinn for a few more hours.
Reviewed by: Kestutis M, July 2016
Our walking tour of Tallin was very good. Our guide was very informative about the history of Estonia.