- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Likely to Sell Out
You’ll make several stops along this spectacular coastal drive including the quaint Hawaiian village of Ke’anae, Waikani Falls and Wai’anapanapa State Park and the scenic road leads, of course, to Hana. The village of Hana is isolated from the rest of the island and is known for being the last undeveloped tropical paradise on Maui. Explore the village and stop at the Hana Tropical Gardens for an exclusive tour (included) and learn about the native Hawaiian people, their culture and land. Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities at spectacular cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear pools, where you’ll have plenty of time to take a refreshing swim.
During one of the stops, enjoy a Pacific Rim lunch served on linen table cloths at a beachside location. Savor grilled chicken and fish, fresh tropical fruits and more – not your average deli-style meal! A sample lunch menu can be found below in the Itinerary section.
On the reverse leg of the trip, fly in an air-conditioned, 6- passenger ‘A-Star’ jet helicopter. During your thrilling 36-minute flight, soar above Haleakala Crater, the world’s largest and most famous dormant volcano, and admire fantastic aerial views of waterfalls hidden in remote areas of Maui’s rain forest. Enjoy stereo music and live narration throughout this breathtaking experience.
More information about passenger requirements can be found in the Additional Information section below.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
11:15am: Afternoon tour
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 7am
USD $373.95Pricing details
Tour departs at 11:15am
USD $373.95Pricing details
Hana Tour and Helicopter Flight
- 6-hour luxury Road to Hana Tour
- 3.5-hour drive with multiple stops
- 36-minute helicopter flight with live commentary
- Swim breaks
- Pacific Rim lunch and beverages
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers and bags must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or more, there is an extra charge. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. All passengers will be weighed upon check-in.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund
- Due to comfort and weight/balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing between 240 lbs (109 kg) and 290 lbs (131 kg) or any two persons with the combined weight over 420 lbs (190 kg) will be charged an extra $277.20 on the day of the tour and passengers weighing over 290 lbs (131 kg) will be charged an extra $306.44 on the day of the tour
- Bathing suits are recommended
- There is no wheelchair lift to accommodate wheelchair passengers nor can the staff personally/physically assist people into the helicopter
- Grilled herb-marinated chicken breast
- Kula mixed organic greens
- Roasted corn and black bean relish
- Buttermilk ranch dressing and a roasted garlic tortilla
- Kula organic greens
- Black olive and caper relish
- Wasabi aioli spread and a sundried tomato tortilla
- Fresh garden vegetable pasta salad with basil pesto vinaigrette
- Chilled Maui Gold pineapple
- Triple-chocolate fudge brownie with toasted Hamakua-grown macadamia nuts
- Lettuce wraps filled with veggies
- Roasted corn and black bean relish with a Maui herb and garlic vinaigrette dipping sauce
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Debbie W, October 2016
Wonderful trip. Great pilot and driver was so informative. Both had great personalities. The drive one way and fly the other way for road to Hana was an amazing trip. I would highly recommend this company. Best way to d o road to Hana and not make it a 12 hour excursion.
Reviewed by: Eric C, October 2016
We took the afternoon Viator and started by flying out with Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours - Maui located at 1 Kahului Airport Road, Hangar 105, Kahului, Maui. Essentially this flight eastward by pilot/guide Katie took us over sugar cane fields near Kahului while slowly gaining altitude it is a helicopter, after all to approximately 10,000 feet, all the time informing us of attractions below. We passed by the Haleakala astronomical observatory, the chain link fence which was erected to try to keep out feral goats, pigs and axis deer, and of course the main and subsidiary craters of Haleakala. As we headed further east into Haleakala National Park we noted the changing terrain and evidence of lava pipes from previous eruptions, some of which are now channels for rain water. Even further on we noted the tall trees over 100 feet of the Hana Forest Preserve and some spectacular waterfalls, one of which is nearly 1,600 feet high. We landed after about 35 minutes and were greeted by our driver/guide Wayne who drove us from the airport to Hanas black sand beach where we were treated to a tasty picnic lunch, and then the second part of our adventure began.
Wayne was a treasure trove of information regarding the scenic and historical attractions of the area, even including the burned out auto and appliance remnants along the highway. We saw the weeping wall, Keanae Peninsula across from which Steve McQueen jumped over the cliff in the movie Papillon, had the opportunity to take short hikes to various attractions, enjoyed ice cream at a roadside stand and saw the resting green sea turtles at Hookipa Beach Park. This combo fly/drive tour was the best! We saw things we never would have noticed if driving ourselves, and of course the helicopter tour showed us things it would have taken days of hiking to get to.