- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
After seeing the Visitor Center, return to your coach and proceed to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station, located about halfway up the mountain at 7,545 feet (2,300m). Take in the shrines, torii gates and shops that sell souvenirs, along with views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). Soak in the invigorating atmosphere of 5th Station; you might even spot some climbers preparing for their adventure. Then have time for lunch. You can choose the upgrade that includes a Japanese-style lunch, or have the option to buy your own meal.
After having a bite to eat, drive to nearby Lake Ashi, located in Hakone National Park. Step aboard your boat for a short cruise across the lake. Admire the spectacular scenery of pristine waters surrounded by Mt Komagatake, Mt Fuji and other mountains.
Disembark from the boat and head to the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that takes you from the shores of Lake Ashi to the top of Mt Komagatake. Have time to walk around the mountain top and take in amazing views of Lake Ashi, the Owakudani volcanic valley and majestic Mt Fuji.
After visiting Hakone, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo, where your guide will tell you how to get back to your hotel.
This tour also offer a discounted option with pickup at Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku for direct transfer to Mt Fuji without stopping at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. This Shinjuku direct departure option allows you to spend more time at Mt Fuji. Please select
"Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" (Code: F800KP) at checkout for this option.
Please note: Views around Mt Fuji are always subject to weather conditions as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno (pickup service is only available for guests staying at the hotel), Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome Hotel, ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 9:00am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 8:30am from Keio Plaza Hotel
From April to November the estimated arrival time is between 6:40pm to 8:10pm
From December to March the estimated arrival time is between 5:40pm to 7:10pm
Arrival time is subject to change depending on the traffic conditions of the day
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup+Lunch
If you'd like to be picked up at Keio Plaza Hotel, select this option and choose Keio Plaza Hotel at checkout. Japanese style lunch included
USD $143.66Pricing details
If you’d like to be picked up from one of the locations listed under Pickup Locations in “Departure Point”, select this option and choose that location at checkout. Japanese style lunch included
USD $152.64Pricing details
If you’d like to be picked up from one of the locations listed under Pickup Locations in “Departure Point”, select this option and choose that location at checkout. Japanese style lunch not included
USD $139.17Pricing details
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
- One-way bus ride
- One-way bullet train (Shinkansen) ride to Tokyo Station
- Free Wi-Fi access on bus
- Pickup at select locations only (please refer to "Departure Point" or "Directions" for listed locations)
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt. Komagatake Ropeway
- Lunch (only if you select tour option “Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup + Lunch” (F800KP) or “Pickup + Lunch” (F800))
- Audio guides (Chinese, Spanish) (only if you select tour option “Pickup + Lunch” (F800) or Pickup Only" (F800W))
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks (if you select tour option “Pickup Only” (F800W))
- Audio guide (if you select tour option “Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup + Lunch” (F800KP))
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- If you'd like to be picked up at Keio Plaza Hotel, you MUST select tour option "Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup + Lunch" and also select "Keio Plaza Hotel" from the drop-down list at checkout
- If you'd like to be picked up at other listed locations, please select tour option “Pickup + Lunch” or “Pickup Only” and also select that location from the drop-down list at checkout
- If you don’t select a specific pickup location from the drop-down list at checkout, your pickup location will be defaulted to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat, and meals are not included
- Dress Code: Bringing a coat or additional warm clothing is recommended especially in the spring, autumn and winter
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caretaker
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advised at time of booking
- When returning to Tokyo, the guide may not ride the coach or bullet train with you. In this case, you will be provided with information in advance on how to return to your hotel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Amna M, December 2016
This trip was amazing ...recommended
Reviewed by: Enrico H, December 2016
IT WAS A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE TO GET CLOSE TO MT. FUJI , A REALLY THRILLING TRIP.....