- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Stay on board the bus for the entire tour to learn all about Washington DC's history and major landmarks, or hop on and off as you wish to capture amazing photos of iconic sights and tour them independently. Admire the White House and US Capitol, and see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and US Marine Corps War (Iwo Jima) Memorial. Check out the lively Georgetown University neighborhood, see Embassy Row, and visit the staggering collection at the Library of Congress. Take in the solemn spectacle of thousands of grave markers at Arlington National Cemetery reflecting the high cost of war.
After an attraction-packed afternoon in Washington DC, head back to Union Station to catch your return train to New York City. Your 12-hour unescorted day trip to New York City concludes at Penn Station.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Passengers MUST go to the Gray Line Visitor Center at 777 8th Avenue between 9am and 7pm ONE DAY PRIOR to departure and exchange their vouchers in order to receive their travel documents and other important information.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC by Train from New York
- Round-trip rail ticket between New York and Washington DC
- Hop-on hop-off double-decker bus tour
- Attractions admission
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Passengers MUST go to the Visitor Center between 9am and 7pm ONE DAY PRIOR to departure and exchange their vouchers in order to receive their travel documents and other important information
- Wheelchair accessible, must be advised at time of booking
- Train journey between New York and Washington DC is approximately 3.5 hours each way
- In the unlikely case of trains being canceled due to weather, all accommodations, meals and personal expenditures are the sole responsibility of the customer
- Infants 2 years and under are free provided they do not occupy a seat
If you cancel between 4 and 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 35 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Marie, Australia, January 2014
If you want to see Washington its worth the train trip 3 hours each way from New York City. For us it was well worth it.
Reviewed by: Ronald Ernest W, September 2012
A comprehensive and easy-to-do self-navigational tour. A long day, but would highly recommend.