Escape NYC and take a leisurely cruise up the Hudson River to historic Bear Mountain. You’ll enjoy a 2.5 hour cruise each way with an Onboard Oktoberfest – new this year! Once docked, you’ll have approximately three hours to enjoy Bear Mountain’s natural beauty, abundant hiking trails, zoo and more.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Family friendly
On your cruise to Bear Mountain you'll sail past the Palisades, Grant's Tomb, the George Washington Bridge and the Cloisters before cruising up the Hudson River. This trip is especially gorgeous in the fall, when the trees lining the river put on a spectacular display of russet and gold. Enjoy German beer and food at an Oktoberfest celebration on the boat, with live music on Saturdays and Sundays.
Bear Mountain is 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of New York City, in the Hudson Highlands. Enjoy about three hours of free time to discover this site independently. Highlights you can explore during your two-hour visit include Trailside Museums and Zoo, Iona Island Estuarine Reserve and Bird Refuge, Perkins Tower, the merry-go-round and pavilion.
Pre-order a picnic lunch and enjoy a great day on the water! Beverages, wine, beer, cocktails, sandwiches, hotdogs, and snack foods are available for purchase on board.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
September-November and Columbus Day
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
See the Picturesque Fall Colors
- Full-day cruise, 2.5-hours in each direction, 3 hours spent on Bear Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Warning: there is a steep hill leading from the dock at Bear Mountain to the main park area. Please be aware this hill may be difficult for some people to climb, including those with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs.
- For children/infants under the age of 3, please ask at the box office for an infant ticket; it is free of charge.
Reviewed by: Sandy B, January 2017
The trip started early in the morning and was full of great sites along the Hudson and with narrative by the crew. Lots of good food and snacks were available on the boat. Bear Mountain was lovely and fun to hike up to the lake, the rustic café, and the gorgeous rock formations and lovely forests along the way up. Our trip was in the Fall and the leaves were stunning. The café offered hot dogs, burgers, chicken sandwiches and soft drinks and beer. The trip back on the Hudson was just as interesting and the view of NY skyline in the afternoon was beautiful. Take this trip. You will enjoy it!! Sandy Brown
Reviewed by: ike p, October 2016
We enjoy our trip so much.
You can see it from attached pictures - the best foliage colours !