Escape NYC and take a leisurely cruise up the Hudson River to historic Bear Mountain. You’ll enjoy a 2.5 hour cruise each way with an Onboard Oktoberfest – new this year! Once docked, you’ll have approximately three hours to enjoy Bear Mountain’s natural beauty, abundant hiking trails, zoo and more.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Family friendly
On your cruise to Bear Mountain you'll sail past the Palisades, Grant's Tomb, the George Washington Bridge and the Cloisters before cruising up the Hudson River. This trip is especially gorgeous in the fall, when the trees lining the river put on a spectacular display of russet and gold. Enjoy German beer and food at an Oktoberfest celebration on the boat, with live music on Saturdays and Sundays.
Bear Mountain is 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of New York City, in the Hudson Highlands. Enjoy about three hours of free time to discover this site independently. Highlights you can explore during your two-hour visit include Trailside Museums and Zoo, Iona Island Estuarine Reserve and Bird Refuge, Perkins Tower, the merry-go-round and pavilion.
Pre-order a picnic lunch and enjoy a great day on the water! Beverages, wine, beer, cocktails, sandwiches, hotdogs, and snack foods are available for purchase on board.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
See the Picturesque Fall Colors
- Full-day cruise, 2.5-hours in each direction, 3 hours spent on Bear Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and beverages (cash bar available onboard)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Warning: there is a steep hill leading from the dock at Bear Mountain to the main park area. Please be aware this hill may be difficult for some people to climb, including those with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs.
- Smitty’s Polka Band: 9/24, 10/2, 10/9, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5
- Street Beat Brass Band: 9/25, 10/1, 10/8, 10/10, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6
Reviewed by: Arthur R J, October 2016
A first time experience, but certainly re-doable. My guests thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Ambiance and service were pleasurable, the music was great. It should have been broadcast throughout the vessel. The walk at Bear Mountain was unexpected but tolerable. I'w awaiting the change in season to re-book another trip.
Reviewed by: Joseph C, October 2016
The Boat ride was great, but not much to do at Bear Mountain.