- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See the underwater world without getting wet
- Ideal choice for families
- Buffet lunch included
- Free snacks included
- Snorkel gear included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Travel aboard a high-speed catamaran to an innovative reef pontoon featuring a waterslide, interactive underwater viewing chamber, semi-submersible and a spacious sun-deck to lounge on. Discover the underwater wonderland of one of the region’s most acclaimed outer Great Barrier Reef sites. The colorful corals and abundance of marine life will blow you away as you enjoy sheltered snorkeling and diving all year round.
Whether you are a first timer or an experienced diver, our fully certified instructors will ensure you have unforgettable dive memories. Diving on the outer Great Barrier Reef is an experience not to be missed!
Morning and afternoon tea, and a sumptuous lunch are provided by award winning restaurants from Airlie Beach, taking care to base the menu on seasonality and the best produce available.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Daydream Island: 7:50am
Hamilton Island: 9am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs Port of Airlie at 8am -- you must check-in at least 30-minutes prior. Returns to Port of Airlie at approximately 6:10pm
Departs Daydream Island at 7:50am. Returns to Daydream Island at approximately 5:40pm
Departs Hamilton Island at 9am. Returns to Hamilton Island at approximately 5pm
Great Barrier Reef Day Cruise to Reefworld
- Up to 4 hours at the Outer Barrier Reef
- Semi-submersible coral viewing with reef appreciation talk
- Underwater viewing chamber
- All snorkeling equipment
- Buffet lunch, plus morning and afternoon tea/coffee
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef tax)
- Guided snorkel tours with Reef Interpreters (payable direct)
- Introductory or certified dives (payable direct)
- Scenic Helicopter Flights over world-famous Heart Reef (payable direct)
- Photography, video or DVD of daily activities (payable direct)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All diving activities permit adults aged 16 years and over.
- Nearest airports: Fly into Proserpine airport also known as Whitsunday Coast Airport (40 miles from Airlie Beach) or fly into Hamilton Island Airport
- Please bring swimsuit, towel, protective clothing from the sun including a hat and sunblock, light jacket or sweater during the cooler months, money or credit card for optional purchases, your camera and sense of fun!
- Snorkeling gear provided
- Underwater viewing chamber
- Waterslide and activities for the kids
- All you can eat buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Presentations by reef experts
- FREE wetsuit usage
- Sun deck for topping up your tan
- Massage (additional cost)
- Guided snorkeling tours (additional cost)
- Intro and certified diving (additional cost)
- Scenic helicopter flights (additional cost)
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Michael C, August 2016
Fab day out
Reviewed by: sirius, August 2016
Nb This trip leaves from Port Airlie.
Highly recommend as very friendly staff and very well run. Caters for all ages, swimming abilities and for those wanting to get wet and those wanting to remain dry. The intro to scuba is offered such that if you feel uncomfortable once kitted up and in the practice pool, you get your money back for example.
The ferry is well equipped and the morning and afternoon teas are great, with the lunch buffet excellent.
Once out at Reef World, the swimming area is well marked with lots of floating rest buoys and roped areas for those less capable or confident. There are lots of life guards and a boat in the water at all times. A professional photographer gets around to most swimmers to take a few snaps with you and the reef and fish friends making it hard not to buy a momento at days end at a reasonable price. An underwater camera is almost a must have and gopros are available for rent also.
Theres a good booklet provided as well a great submersible and good observation areas to see fish and the reef without getting wet. Theres fish feeding and a huge friendly local Groper to see. During whale season, your likely to see a whale also.They are preparing for another platform soon which should make it even bigger.
If you want to see the reef etc anothermway, you can even pay for a helicopter ride over the reef, or back to Hamilton Island at days end if you wish.
And if that's not enough, you can even get a massage on the way out or whilst on Reef World.
Strongly recommend this tour as a must do. If possible, pick the day with the best weather sunny, no wind, low tide at lunchtime and dont forget some warm clothes and a towel.