- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
When you book, select your chosen departure time between 9am and 5pm, and share your preferences when it comes to the sights you'd like to see. Your guide will then design a flexible itinerary to suit your personal interests and wishes.
Then, on the day of your tour, meet your guide near your central Venice port and set off on your private walking tour.
Depending on your wishes, you may want to view some of Venice’s beautiful churches, such as the Church of San Zaccaria and Church of Santa Maria Formosa, the first church on the Rialto to be dedicated to the Virgin Mary in 842. Other sites might include the bustling Rialto Fish Market, where the stalls are piled with fish and seafood freshly plucked from Venice’s lagoon.
Alternatively, perhaps explore the atmospheric Cannaregio Quarter. Roam the hidden corners of this traditional area and learn how it was made famous by Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice. On your wanders, perhaps admire its little-known churches such as the 14th-century Church of Madonna dell’Orto or the opulent Church of Santa Maria Assunta, known as I Gesuiti.
Whatever you see, your guide will tell fascinating stories about Venice’s history and architecture as you go, although please bear in mind that they won’t be able to accompany you inside any churches or historical buildings.
As your 3-hour tour ends, follow your guide into a local bar that’s beloved by the locals. Settle in and savor the atmosphere as you enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and tasty appetizer. As you sip, chat to your guide about what you’ve seen and learn more about this fascinating city.
After, walk back to the original starting point and end your tour when you leave your guide.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Venice port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Please note: St Mark’s Square, St Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace cannot be visited on this tour. Churches may also be inaccessible on Sunday mornings when religious ceremonies are taking place.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 10am
Code: 10AM DEPARTURE
Venice Shore Excursion: Private Half-Day Walking Tour. Starts at 10am
Departure at 2pm
Code: 2PM DEPARTURE
Venice Shore Excursion: Private Half-Day Walking Tour. Starts at 2pm
Departure at 3pm
Code: 3PM DEPARTURE
Venice Shore Excursion: Private Half-Day Walking Tour. Starts at 3pm
Venice Shore Excursion: Private Half-Day Walking Tour
- Private walking tour (approx. 3 hours)
- Professional guide
- Personalized private tour and commentary
- Appetizer and one glass of wine at a Venetian bar
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour is accompanied by a tour hostess and can cover any kind of city sightseeing. Hostesses are not allowed to give precise historical and artistic explanation inside palaces and churches, and give short information only
- Usually the hostess accompanies tourists to unknown parts of the city, sharing stories
- St Mark's Square, St Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace cannot be visited on this tour
- Your tour guide cannot accompany you into any churches or historical buildings
- On Sunday mornings it is not possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. Rialto Market is closed every Sunday and Monday. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Virginia L, August 2014
Our tour guide Gualy (pronounced July) was fantastic. Definitely worth it. She was knowledgeable, accommodating and flexible as we had to make a change due to the huge line ups at Blue Mosque. It worked out perfectly to maximize our time for the tour. The tour organizers were there to greet us off the cruise without us looking for them. Process was very smooth.
Reviewed by: Fabian, USA, September 2014
Tour guide was very very informative and helpful.