- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Choice of seating available
- Several menus to choose from
- All entrance fees included
- Free drinks included
- Likely to Sell Out
Performances are held in the Opera Theatre. With seating for 1547 people, its the second largest venue at Sydney Opera House. As the operas are performed in their original language (mostly Italian), subtitles in English are projected onto a screen above the stage.
You will begin the evening with a guided tour of Australia's most famous icon, the Sydney Opera House, followed by a three-course pre-theatre dinner at the newly renovated Aria Restaurant, Bennelong Restaurant located inside the Sydney Opera House or enjoy a 3-tiered tasting plate at Opera Kitchen (depending on option chosen). A performance by Opera Australia will complete your Red Carpet experience. You will receive an exclusive Sydney Opera House gift to take away as a souvenir. Choose from the following seating options:
- Premium tickets with dinner at Aria or Opera Kitchen
- A Reserve tickets with dinner at Aria or Opera Kitchen
- B Reserve tickets with dinner at Aria or Opera Kitchen
Please click "View Additional info" below for the Opera Theatre seating map
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Guided Sydney Opera House Tour commences at 5pm
- 3-course dinner at 5.45pm at Aria or 3-tiered tasting plate at Opera Kitchen (or enjoy dinner after the opera performance)
- Opera performances commences at 7:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Aria & Premium Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; Premium seating for Opera Australia at Sydney Opera House
USD $347.43Pricing details
Aria & A Reserve Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; A Reserve seating for Opera Australia at Sydney Opera House
USD $313.07Pricing details
Aria & B Reserve Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; B Reserve seating for Opera Australia at Sydney Opera House
USD $278.71Pricing details
Tasting Plate & Premium Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-tiered tasting plate for two at Opera Kitchen; Premium seating for Opera Australia at Sydney Opera House
USD $310.02Pricing details
Tasting Plate & A Reserve
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-tiered tasting plate for two at Opera Kitchen; A Reserve seating for Opera Australia at Sydney Opera House
USD $275.65Pricing details
Tasting Plate & B Reserve
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-tiered tasting plate for two at Opera Kitchen; B Reserve seating for Opera Australia at Sydney Opera House
USD $241.29Pricing details
- Guided Tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Three-course dinner at Aria, Bennelong or 3-tiered tasting plate at Opera Kitchen (depending on which option chosen)
- Premium, A Reserve or B Reserve tickets (select seating at time of booking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Wheelchair accessible, you MUST advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
A Reserve – A Reserve tickets will normally be more towards the aisle of a row, and will still have a very good view of the whole stage.
B Reserve – B Reserve tickets will be either aisle seats or seats very close to the aisle on either side of a row.
2017 Performances dates at the Sydney Opera House:
Great Opera Hits
Stroll down to the Sydney Opera House and join the stars of Opera Australia for a concert of the greatest hits of opera. These relaxed concerts take place on summer afternoons as the sun sets across Sydney Harbour, and last around 90 minutes. Listen to famous arias from Bizet, Puccini, Rossini and Verdi performed by some of Opera Australia’s finest opera singers, accompanied by piano.
January 2017: 15, 22, 29
February 2017: 12, 22, 26
March 2017: 5, 12, 19, 26
The way that first love grabs hold of your insides and floods you with something you've never felt before. The fire that burns you the first time jealousy flares. The growing up you do in the instant you realize love can't last forever. Puccini takes these achingly human feelings and sets them to music — music that soars with the ecstasy of love, crackles with the pain of jealousy and cries with the agony of loss. Gale Edwards' glittering production, set in the bohemian streets of 1930s Berlin, offers a perfect showcase for Mariangela Sicilia and Greta Bradman, sharing the role of Mimì.
January 2017: 17, 19, 21, 23
February 2017: 24, 27
March 2017: 1, 9, 11, 15, 20, 24
Roll up for a double dose of desperation and drama in this classic double bill of tragedies with stories that cut all too close to home. In a small Italian town, lusting after someone who is not yours is a dangerous game. And falling in love? Even more treacherous. Two short operas explore the full spectrum of emotion: passionate love, consuming lust, bitter suffering and boundless rage.
January 2017: 18, 24, 27, 30
February 2017: 1
Watching his wife dance under the stranger's spell, King Roger struggles with his own passions: choosing between the sacred love he knows and the sensuous, glittering realm of hedonism the shepherd preaches. Szymanowski's intoxicating, iridescent music is rarely heard on the opera stage, so don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear a 20th-century Polish masterpiece.
January 2017: 20, 28, 31
February 2017: 2, 4, 8, 15
Violetta wears velvet and lace and drinks the very best champagne from crystal glasses. Her parties are legendary, her company sought after. She's free and free-spirited, living outside society's bounds, and for the courtesan, it seems like the party will never end. Could a little love really change everything?
February 2017: 3, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 23, 25
March 2017: 2, 4, 6, 8, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
Tosca is a war drama that draws you in from the first notes and holds you fast, as a gripping story of love, lust and betrayal that unfolds at breakneck pace. John Bell's intense production relocates the opera to Nazi-occupied Rome, seeking to recapture the shock Puccini's original audience might have felt seeing a war they remembered, depicted on stage.
February 2017: 17, 21, 28
March 2017: 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 22, 29, 31
Bennelong pre-theatre sample dinner menu:
- Slow cooked pumpkin, Bruny Island C2, seeds & grains
- Seared blue mackerel, takuan pickles, preserved lemon, green wheat, marrow broth, nasturtiums
- Butter poached quail, macadamia rubble, Davidson plum jam
- Slow cooked pig belly, sea scallops roasted in umami butter, crisp seaweed, Jerusalem artichoke
- Today’s wild caught fish, roasted palm heart, parsnip, bone broth
- Macleay Valley suckling pig, confit organic carrots, pickled onions, black & white garlic
- Holmbrae duck confit, sesame miso, snow peas, pickled daikon, seaweed, black vinegar, mirin, soy
- Roasted mushrooms, brussels sprouts leaves, braised black barley, garlic custard
- Mandarin, vanilla, yoghurt
- Chocolate cake from across the water
- Australian cheese
ARIA pre-theatre sample dinner menu:
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines fine food and wine and excellent service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining venues.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private wine cellar. Have the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest wines in addition to other fine wines from around the globe in an elegant space for a pre-dinner drink.
- Shelled Pacific oysters, keriberry, beach banana
- Marmande tomato tartare, black olive, marjoram, caper leaf
- Summer peas, grilled asparagus, stracciatella
- Coral trout sashimi, kombu, fermented chilli
- King George whiting, green tomato, lemon myrtle
- Smoked duck, green almond, cherry
- Ibérico Jamón, white beetroot, macadamia, salt bush
- Eggplant, king brown mushroom, toasted cashew nuts, grains
- John Dory, cauliflower, pipis, red dulse
- Bass grouper, pickled zucchini, smoked vichyssoise, samphire
- Roasted chicken, brioche, fennel, witlof, tarragon
- Roasted lamb loin, braised neck, labneh, cucumber
- Grilled Black Angus grass fed fillet
- Peach, ginger, lime meringue, yuzu sorbet
- Mango, mulberry, buttermilk, mango sorbet
- Watermelon ice cream, strawberry, lychee, pomegranate
- Banana and passionfruit soufflé
- Chocolate and cherry bomb, hazelnut pralin
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses
Reviewed by: Elizabeth S, October 2016
It was great to have a tour guide who was visibly enthusiastic about the Opera house . Learned a lot of trivia about the place.
The play my fair lady was fantastic
Reviewed by: Brian L, October 2016
Fantastic behind the scenes tour of the Sydney Opera House! Tour allows you to go under the stage to see where all the sets are and how the production is completed. Also get to see both theaters and learn about the history of the design, manufacturing and opening of attraction. Highly recommend this event that includes tour, dinner and a show!