- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Meet your experienced guide to receive a brief safety overview and training session and get fitted with your equipment. Then hop in your kayak and start paddling!
Explore the varied seascape that makes up the Stockholm archipelago, from large, forest-clad islands to small rock outcrops. Some 30,000 islands and skerries make up the archipelago, which spreads 19 miles (30 km) east from Stockholm into the Baltic Sea.
Learn about the archipelago’s history, wildlife and geology from your guide and admire your idyllic surroundings as you paddle past hidden gems that few visitors know about. Arrive at a secluded island, where you’ll stop to swim and have lunch on the sun-drenched rocks.
Then continue paddling at an easy pace past more islands back to your starting inlet on Runmarö. Reward your hard work with fika, a traditional Swedish coffee or tea break with a sweet snack.
Take the taxi boat back to Stavsnäs Vinterhamn and the bus back to Slussen, arriving in the evening.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Stavsnäs vinterhamn (harbor)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Archipelago, Stockholm, Sweden
- Kayak equipment
- Swedish "Fika"
- Afternoon tea and snacks
- Round-trip taxi boat transfer
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bus ticket to go to Stavsnäs
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The tour will take place if there are at least 2 participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Youths must be at least 16 years old to join the tour. Please note that the minimum height overrules the age for safety reason.
- Minimum height: 1.50 m
- Maximum height: 1.95m
- Maximum weight: 140 kg
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Audra E, June 2014
It was a pleasure to meet Michael (the guide) who capably led us on a 13km route around the beautiful islands. Michael readily shared his local knowledge and engaged us in intelligent conversation throughout the day. Lunch was delicious. A very well planned and executed activity. Thank you Michael!
Reviewed by: Zoe G, July 2013
Amazing! Worth doing even if you are a beginner.