- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play.
On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design - King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
You will stop in Hohenschwangau, a small town at the feet of the castle, where you'll have 4 hours at disposal for lunch and to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein. You'll also have the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 23.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. If you would like to see the Grotto, please book "Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau Day Tour from Munich " - tour 285015
- The coach has a toilet on board
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Larry B, Australia, January 2017
Absolutely wonderful. A dream come true. A must do from Munich. It was great.
Reviewed by: Maxine M, January 2017
It was a great tour, well worth the money. An early start on a crisp morning, but very relaxing on the coach. The Bavarian countryside was beautiful and our first stop was Linderhof Castle. An optional tour of this castle is very good and worth doing. The surrounding countryside was quite stunning. Next stop was the town of Oberammergau beautiful. We had a reasonable amount of time to take in some sights.
Then onto Schwangau and the Neuschwanstein Castle. It took about 45 minutes to walk up to the castle, but don't worry, you won't be on your own. We didn't do a tour of this castle, just looking from outside it is awesome. Walking to Marienbrücke Queen Mary's Bridge took about another 20 minutes, but the views along the way are fantastic. One of the best views of the castle is from this bridge, but you won't be alone. The crowd was quite orderly and you just have to be patient. It's worth it.
Plenty of places to get food up the hill or down in the village, we had the standard bratwurst in a bun at the top of the hill and then enjoyed a hot drink at Hotel Müller, Then headed back to Munich at 4:30. It was good to be on the coach as it was getting fairly cold outside. Back in Munich about 6:30. Thanks to Elizabeth for her friendliness and professionalism and thanks to Daniel for delivering us back safely. A great day out.