A thirty minute flight by light plane over the sparkling waters of the Hauraki Gulf brings you to majestic Great Barrier Island. After breakfast at a local cafe take an easy half hour walk on tracks and boardwalks past giant Nikau palms and rare native flora and fauna over unique wetlands to the Kaitoke natural thermal springs.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
This unforgettable day is rounded off with a climb to the top of Windy Canyon, a spectacular short walk. The path winds around rocky outcrops and past sheer cliffs coated with rata vines and takes in breathtaking views of the island and beyond.
This unique small group tour operator is a Qualmark Endorsed Visitor Activity and provides expert guided eco-tours in the greater Auckland region - a company delivering a quality product focusing on the natural and cultural heritage of the area. Winner of the New Zealand 2007 Small Tourism Business Operator Award
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Barrier Island Tour including return flights from Auckland
- Roundtrip flights from Auckland to Great Barrier Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Breakfast and picnic lunch
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Moderate level of walking ability required. Please wear comfortable walking shoes and suitable outdoor clothing is required.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Amber B, May 2016
This trip was wordlessly breathtaking. If The Great Barrier Island is not already on your top things to do in New Zealand, it should be! Because the island is so rural, the beaches were outstanding! And the trails were also so pristine. On top of it, the flights were a hoot. And the guide - best!!!