Numbers are limited to 9 on this small-group tour ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Pass alongside more quieter canals, seeing streets lined with drying laundry (a quintessential Venice sight), and enter the Porta dell’Acqua city gates into the impressive Arsenale, Venice’s historical shipyard and naval depot. Built at the start of the 12th century, the Arsenale grew to be one of Europe’s greatest shipyards, producing naval and merchant ships on a mass scale.
Relax as you cruise out of the old shipyard to the Cannaregio neighborhood, where some of the city’s most charming canals are found. Work your way around the quieter waterways, seeing romantic canalside restaurants and bars, and then head into the picturesque area known as the Jewish Ghetto. Enjoy a break of roughly 15-20 minutes to walk about and take photos of the pretty streets, and then continue by boat along the backwater canals of Santa Croce and Dorsoduro.
Loop past one of Dorsoduro’s gondola workshops to see craftsmen at work producing traditional Venetian gondolas, and then cruise down the famous Grand Canal. Have your camera ready to capture sights of the Baroque mansions and churches that line the busy stretch of water, and gaze at the thoroughfare of passing gondolas, vaporetto (water buses) and water taxis — all jostling for space on the water.
Cruise beneath Venice’s iconic Rialto Bridge, and return to the start point near St Mark’s Square where your cruise finishes.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
1:00pm: November to March
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 1pm
USD $105.25Pricing details
Tour departs at 10am
USD $127.41Pricing details
Jewish Ghetto Canal in Venice
- Professional guide
- Transport by motorboat
- Stop at the Jewish Ghetto
- Grand Canal ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: sandra.houghton, October 2016
We really enjoyed seeing the Grand Canal and the Jewish ghetto. Our guide was very informative and it was nice to walk around the Jewish ghetto and learn about the history associated with it. It was a great way to see parts of Venice that tourists wouldn't normal see.
Reviewed by: Julia D, October 2016
This was very nice. We were with one other couple and we got to see all around the Island. It was lovely and the guide did a very nice job of pointing out things and giving us information.