Numbers are limited to 8 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see the best of the Dolomites with personalized attention from your driver-guide.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Stretch your legs on a quick stroll, admiring the lakeside scenery, and then continue by coach to Lake Misurina -- known as the ‘Pearl of the Dolomites.’ Have your camera poised, ready to capture breathtaking shots of the lake against the backdrop of Tre Cime di Lavaredo – the Dolomite’s three distinctive peaks. Travel toward the peaks by coach, stopping at a vantage point to soak up the serene mountain views.
Rest at a local trattoria for lunch (own expense), and then choose to either take a walk or stay at the restaurant and relax. If you opt to do the walk, follow your guide's explanations and walk along one of the gentler mountain trails to see more of the area’s sublime scenery, as well as its mountain flora and fauna.
Leave the foothills of Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the afternoon and travel by coach to the swanky ski resort of Cortina d'Ampezzo, where affluent Italians go not just to ski, but to see and be seen. Stop for photos at a panoramic viewpoint and drink in views of the bustling town encircled by towering mountains.
Enjoy free time in Cortina to do as little or as much as you want. Perhaps browse its elegant boutiques, or visit one of the street-side cafés for a coffee (own expense). Meet your driver-guide back at the pre-arranged time, and return to Venice, passing the peaks of the Dolomite bathed in the late-afternoon sun. Your tour finishes at the start point in the early evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Dolomite Mountains Small Group Day Trip from Venice
- Easy self-guided nature walk (optional)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The visit to the foothills of Tre Cime di Lavaredo is seasonal (end of May to October) subject to weather conditions. When it is not possible to access it, you will spend more time in Cortina instead
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: John L, September 2016
The Dolomites were awesome - more than expected.
This is a great way to see something different and fun, outside the usual bustle of Venice.
Guide was quite well informed and had a great personality.
Reviewed by: Maria W, September 2016
The driver was great. Knew a lot about the area and gave us time to enjoy each stop even though we lost a bit of time due to heavy traffic on the roads. The van was good - large windows so that everyone could see. Very glad we decided to take the small group tour rather than rent a car for the day or do a larger bus tour.