The highlight of your visit to Asakusa is Senso-ji, Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple. In addition to admiring the temple’s five-story pagoda, imposing Thunder Gate and distinctive temple architecture, you’ll have the opportunity to browse the avenue of outdoor food stalls and souvenir shops leading up to the temple.
Your tour continues to the Sumida district to visit one of Tokyo’s newest attractions, the Tokyo Skytree, which opened in May 2012 and is the world’s tallest tower at a total height of 2,080 feet (634 meters). From the heady heights of the Skytree’s Tembo Deck, at 1,148 feet (350 meters), you can enjoy stunning panoramic views of Tokyo stretching to the horizon on every side. To complement the views, you’ll also find a cafe, restaurant and shop on this level. If you then wish to go higher, you may do so by purchasing an extension of your ticket directly at the ticket counter located on the Tokyo Skytree Tembo Deck. Then climb up to the Skytree Tembo Galleria on the upper observatory deck for a breathtaking view from 1,476 feet (450 meters).
The tour ends at Tokyo Station, conveniently located near the Imperial Palace grounds and Ginza commercial district.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 12:20pm from Hyatt Regency
- 12:30pm from Keio Plaza Hotel
- 12:50pm from New Otani Tokyo
- 1:05pm from ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 1:40pm from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 2:10pm from Tokyo Station
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tokyo Skytree, Asakusa and Central Tokyo Sightseeing Tour
- Admission ticket to Tokyo Skytree Tembo Deck
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup (select Tokyo hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Admission ticket to the Tokyo Skytree Tembo Galleria
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If elevator operations within Tokyo Skytree are halted due to strong winds or Tembo Deck operation hours suddenly change, entrance fees for Tembo Deck will be refunded, and the tour itinerary may change
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- The bus may be a shared ride with Japanese participants. In this case the English-speaking guide may make announcements through earphones
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Bruce R, October 2016
This is primarily a two drive through central Tokyo with two hours of stops at the Meiji Shrine and the SkyTour. The guide does a good job explaining things as we drove around and at the two stops where we were given plenty of free time to sightsee and shop. The SkyTree tickets are included. The bus picked us up right on time and there were a total of 4 people in a 45 passenger coach so we had plenty of room! Glad we did the tour and recommend it.
Reviewed by: Jenny C, September 2016
Overall an excellent tour. The agenda, organisation and timing were all very good. The guide was informative, knowledgeable and engaging. The city sightseeing section of the tour was more comprehensive than I had expected. Just be well aware that although they pick you up from the hotel they will leave you at the Tokyo train station to find your own way back to your hotel unassisted. My travelling party chose to take a taxi rather than deal with the Tokyo trains. Even with the additional taxi fare this was still a very good value tour.