The highlight of your visit to Asakusa is Senso-ji, Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple. In addition to admiring the temple’s five-story pagoda, imposing Thunder Gate and distinctive temple architecture, you’ll have the opportunity to browse the avenue of outdoor food stalls and souvenir shops leading up to the temple.
Your tour continues to the Sumida district to visit one of Tokyo’s newest attractions, the Tokyo Skytree, which opened in May 2012 and is the world’s tallest tower at a total height of 2,080 feet (634 meters). From the heady heights of the Skytree’s Tembo Deck, at 1,148 feet (350 meters), you can enjoy stunning panoramic views of Tokyo stretching to the horizon on every side. To complement the views, you’ll also find a cafe, restaurant and shop on this level. If you then wish to go higher, you may do so by purchasing an extension of your ticket directly at the ticket counter located on the Tokyo Skytree Tembo Deck. Then climb up to the Skytree Tembo Galleria on the upper observatory deck for a breathtaking view from 1,476 feet (450 meters).
The tour ends at Tokyo Station, conveniently located near the Imperial Palace grounds and Ginza commercial district.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 12:20pm from Hyatt Regency
- 12:30pm from Keio Plaza Hotel
- 12:50pm from New Otani Tokyo
- 1:05pm from ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 1:40pm from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 2:10pm from Tokyo Station
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tokyo Skytree, Asakusa and Central Tokyo Sightseeing Tour
- Admission ticket to Tokyo Skytree Tembo Deck
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Admission ticket to the Tokyo Skytree Tembo Galleria
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If elevator operations within Tokyo Skytree are halted due to strong winds or Tembo Deck operation hours suddenly change, entrance fees for Tembo Deck will be refunded, and the tour itinerary may change
- Please note, for pickup from hotels, it is only available from selected hotels in Tokyo. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered or meet directly at the meeting point
- The bus may be a shared ride with Japanese participants. In this case the English-speaking guide may make announcements through earphones
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jacqueline B, June 2016
Amazing and fantastic trip, but one issue to address is hotel drop off
Reviewed by: Phil M, June 2016
An excellent tour. Started with a drive to some of the tourist attractions, to Asakusa Temple and shopping precinct and then to the Tokyo Skytree for a magnificent view over Tokyo. Time to catch dinner own expense and we then negotiated the underground rail system back to our hotel.